Chapter 16

EPILOGUE-MY ONE AND ONLY

SIX MONTHS LATER

GIA’S POV

I stared at myself in the mirror and I couldn’t help but smile. I had always imagined what my wedding day would be like and now, here it was. There so many emotions running through me: excitement, nervousness and anxiousness.

A knock on the door to the bathroom I stood in startled me.

“Gia, you’ve got five minutes to come out or I’m coming in after you.”

I laughed at Bianca and turned to face the door. I blew out a breath and left the bathroom. Bianca was standing at the door with a frown on her face.

“What is wrong?” I ask her, hoping Quen had made it. After all, we were waiting on him.

“You made my big ass get out of bed this morning.” she huffed.

I just laughed. Bianca was currently five months pregnant—with twins! Needless to say, she was a bit miserable at times.

“I told you to wait until after I gave birth to get married.”

“This is just a civil ceremony. I told you we were going to have a commitment ceremony a month after you’ve popped out the twins. In under an hour you’ll be back in your bed with Kent massaging your swollen cankles.”

Bianca growled at me. “I got your cankles bitch and I’m going to remember this when Quen knocks your ass up!”

I laugh and open my arms to her in a truce. She smiles and walks into my arms. I hug her and then gently rub her belly. I feel one of the babies kick and Bianca and I smile at each other.

She then grabs my arm and pulls me through the courthouse. We find Kent and Quen waiting for us. Quen looks so handsome in his simple tux and Kent is dressed in a plain white dress shirt, slacks and a blue suit jacket.

They both smile at me as I approach them wearing my wedding gown. Hey, even if Quen and I were getting married under a rock, I was going to be wearing my gown. Bianca walked ahead of me wearing a long flowing blue dress. She approached Kent and placed a kiss on his lips.

The three of them watched me as I walked to Quen. When I reached him he took my hands in his.

“You look beautiful.” he whispered.

I smile at his compliment and we face the front as the judge comes in.

“We’re gathered today to join Quentin James Fairchild and Gia Marie Edwards in holy matrimony. Marriage is a big responsibility and should not be entered into lightly. Before we begin does anyone know why these two shouldn’t be wed?”