Fifteen| 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥

Months

Months.

Months has passed and it wasn't the same. Sure, Scout wasn't in such a slump anymore without Tate, but it wasn't anywhere how she was. Christmas was making it so much worse, because it would have been so perfect for them. She sat there and imagined what it would be like. Her family would probably hate him, but it didn't matter because she adored him and he'd rescues her from having to listen to her fake aunts, her bitching grandma, her spoiled father, stuck up mother.

Yet, here she was, sitting without him. Her family was the same, the fake family she loved but hated at the same time. Her house was big, but it felt so small at the same time. Like the walls were closing in on her. Scout sat at the window seat, the place she usually read her books alone in. Scout could imagine Tate infront of her, calling her names and making fun of her reading, but then he'd kiss her cheek to let her know he wasn't really trying to hurt her feelings.

But no Tate, no books. Just her and the snow outside of the window.

She wished she was a snowflake, anything but here.

"Scout, come here." her mother called, the fake laugh echoed though the house. Scout walked over to her. "Dustin is here."

The aunt and cousin she actually liked.

"Could you get the garage for them?" Anna asked, but Scout was already hurrying to open it. Dustin was her favorite thing about holiday's, the only one that was some what normal to be around and didn't seem so forced.

"Cousin!" Dustin announced, the snow hitting his curls.

"Cousin!" Scout hugged him. "Warning, moms doing her fake hyena laugh."

"Oh god, shoot me in the head." Dustin put his arm around her. "Think we should make up a dance to preform for our moms to convince them to let me stay the night, again?"

"God, no." Scout snorted at their childhood memories. "You knocked my tooth out last time."

"No, I recall you giving me a black eye." Dustin corrected her, the pair walking into the warmth of the house, hearing their family making them both turn around and wait in the snow for a while.

Dinner. This best part. Scouts dad was a professional chief so they always ate good, which was why they always had holidays here. Dustin sat next to Scout, the pair stealing sips of their moms wine when they hadn't been looking.

"Scout, are you still on debate?" Nana asked her from across the table. "I haven't been invited to any of yours meets."

Scout blinked. "Oh, no, sorry, Nana. I didn't do the team this year."

"Too busy with student council?" her aunt, dads sister, grinned her way.

Scouts entire body felt like it was set on fire from the inside out. "I'm not doing student council this year either."