Eighteen| 𝐀 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲

"There's the man!" Steve cheered as the boat got close enough and he saw Tate Perez sitting on the front of it while Scout paddled

"No freaking way!" Robin laughed but cried.

"You're alive!" Dustin yelled out with a loud giggle.

"I'm alive!" Tate grasped his hand when they got closer, getting off the boat as Dustin pulled him into a hug. "Not a hugger, man. Not a hugger."

"Get over it." Robin pulled him into one next. "Look at this hair!"

"I look like a candy ass." he rolled his eyes.

"Are you kidding? You look so cool!" she corrected him. "There's hair dye in the upside down?"

"Oh yeah, a bunch." he said sarcastically.

"You little shit, come here." Steve yanked him in as Tate wrapped his arms around him. "What the hell have you been doing?"

"Getting away from your annoying ass." Tate joked, shoving Steve's head back with a grin. "No one bothered to tell me about this Upside Down and I had no clue what I was doing."

"We're so sorry." Dustin shook his head. "For all of it."

Tate turned back to looked at Scout as Eddie helped her tie off the boat, they had their own little conversation going. Dustin grabbed his arm. "You being gone killed her."

"Well, I'm back now." he said, looking back at her again. "And nothings gonna kill her."

"Why do I get the yellow?" Tate's head looked out from the bathroom, the shower clicked off about two minutes ago.

"What?" Scout looked over from the bed, dropping her papers.

"Yellow." he held up the sweatshirt she gave him in the bag. After getting back to the dock, the pair ended up going back to Dustin's with him rather then going to Scouts. She'd always had a guest bedroom here, spending more nights with her aunt and cousin then she had her mom and dad. He laughed suddenly. "You look weird without your yellow."

She rolled over, holding her feet off to show off the yellow socks. "In your face."

"Switch with me." he threw the yellow her way as Scout threw him the black one. He disappeared in the bathroom again as she looked down at the yellow sweatshirt. It was just a sweatshirt. It was just a color. She didn't totally understand why she hated it after loosing him, she didn't understand why now looking at it she was falling in love with the color all over again. Scout smiled, because she was happy, because a weight lifted off her. She pulled it on.

Tate walked from the bathroom, attempting to dry his white hair but still had a few drops falling on his neck. He exhaled loudly when falling next to Scout on the ridiculously squeaky bed. "Are you doing homework at a time like this?"