Twenty-Four| 𝐈𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞?

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet. The most awful things. I saw...a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this...this giant creature with a gapping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes. And then...he showed me my mom. And Holly. Mike. And they... they were all..." Nancy explained what Vecna possessed her to see, looking to the teens around the trailer.

"Okay, but...he's just trying to scare you, Nance." Steve tried to make it better. "It's not real."

"Not yet." Nancy sniffled. Tate was thinking hard while Scout put her arm around Nancy. "But there...there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer but...they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins. Our home."

"Four chimes." Max spoke
up, she looked at Scout. "Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times. Four exactly."

"I heard them too." Nancy's eyebrows frowned together, voice still weak.

Tate put both his hands on Scouts shoulders as Max shook her head. "He's been telling us his plan this whole time."

"Four kills." Lucas looked over slightly. "Four gates. End of the world."

"He's got three." Scout shook her head. "Meaning-"

"Meaning he's only getting three." Tate spoke bitterly, like he was angry at her, but just angry in general.

"He's only one kill away." Dustin agreed with her.

"Jesus Christ." Eddie held his face.

"Try 'em again. Try 'em again." Steve spoke quickly. Max went to the phone as Scout reached back and stopped Tate from walking around. At first, he yanked away from her, but then circled the couch to sit with her.

"Anything?" Dustin asked after a moment when Max slammed the phone back on.

"No." Max huffed, storming back over. "Rang a few times then went to busy signal."

"Maybe you punched it wrong. Try again." Steve shrugged.

"Pretty sure you're the only one that doesn't know how to use a phone, Steve." Tate exhaled in annoyance.

"I'm just saying, she could've typed it in wrong." Steve argued. Max went back to the phone, Scout hoped someone would answer. She didn't even stop to think something was happening to her missing trio until a few hours ago.

"Same shit!" Max slammed the phone back.

"How is that possible?" Lucas rubbed his face.

"I told you. Joyce has this telemarketer job. Always on the phone." Dustin shook his head.