Ten

ᴰᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃˡˡ ʰᶦᵐ "ᵇᵃᵇʸ"
•••

"Tate, Tate, wake up." Scout said as she kept trying to nudge the boy that was behind her. Their bodies where tied together while they were faced opposite ways, Tate was knocked out from the impact.

Scout felt his body began to slowly move, his breathing heavy while he started to thrash around.

"Hey, calm down. We're okay right now." Scout spoke softly while trying to push her back up the his as much as possible.

"Where are we?" he asked worried, the chocking scent of blood, from both their noses and cuts on their skin, filled the air.

"Some room, the Russians brought us here." Scout informed him, trying to stay as clam as possible. It was silent for a moment, not the comforting kind though.

"Are you okay?" Tate asked as Scout nodded.

"Are you?" she asked as he did exact what she did, hummed.

"Scout, i'm really sorry for how I treated you before all of this." he said while his tied hands reached for hers.

"It was a long time ago." she tried to say but he shook his head, despite them not being able to see each other.

"It wasn't, I should have gone after you that night." Tate said as Scout stayed silent for a moment, she wanted to agree with him but knew it wasn't the time to argue.

"It's fine, it wasn't a big deal. A stupid middle school party, we're gonna be in high school in a couple months. I'm over it." she explained, the lie dripping from her lips like a second language.

"I'm not." he said, his voice low like it was some sin to say so.

"You're not the only person i've kissed, Tate. A first kiss doesn't mean anything if you don't let it, it was a year ago and we didn't even know each other." Scout tried to say, a hint of annoyance in her voice as she leaned back onto him more.

"Maybe not... but I was hoping the bottle landed on you when I spun it." Tate said as Scout blinked in surprise. After a moment she opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by the doors swinging up.

"Dustin!" Scout explained as her cousin ran over to untie them.

"Woah, I thought you guys were dead." Tate explained as he looked at Steve and Robin, who were giggling.

"Let's go, nerds! We don't have all day!" Erica explained while helping Scout up before the group all took off into a small cart that Dustin drove down the long hallway as quick as possible.

"What the hell are they talking about?" Tate asked loudly over Robin and Steve's hopeless, loud chatter in the back that didn't make a lick or since.

"I don't know!" Dustin said back at him.

"Dustin watch out!" Erica shouted as Dustin ran into a few metal barrels in the middle of the floor. Tate and Scout knocked heads.

"Ow! Dickhead!" the curly haired girl said as she slapped his arm.

"Not my fault!" he shot back at her with an insane look.