Two

ᵂᵉ'ʳᵉ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗᵃˡᵏⁱⁿᵍ ˡᵃᵗᵉˡʸ
•••

"Dustin, is this even a good idea? I mean, should we ask the party to come with us?" Scout asked as she walked through the mall with Dustin the next morning.

"We tried that yesterday, remember? They don't want to be apart of us! Just you and me, cousin." he said while throwing a arm around her as they entered Scoops Ahoy again.

"Hi, i'm Dustin." Dustin said as he smiled at Robin.

"I'm Robin." she said back to him with a akward grin.

"Pleasure to meet you ugh, is he here?" Dustin questioned as Scout slapped her forehead.

"Is who here?" Robin questioned before the door swung open as Steve smiled widely.

"Henderson!" Steve explained in shock.

"This will go on a while." Scout spoke as she jumped up on the counter and turned to jump in the back by Robins side.

"You got the job!" Dustin explained as he pointed to the ice cream shop.

"I got the job!" Steve explained while the two did their weird hand shake they refused to let Scout learn.

"How many children are you friends with?" Robin questioned with a eyebrow raise.

"Not enough, most of my friends are teenagers now actually because i'm a teenager and I don't mind it, just wish I didn't have so many mood swings and get pimples on my forehead. I mean, i've got Will. But Mike and El are always busy kissing and being what they call romantic while Max and Lucas are busy breaking up every two seconds and going to the arcade and you can clearly see how Dustin spends his time and I-" Scout began to ramble before Dustin cut her off.

"Ugh, I think she was talking to Steve." He said as Scout raised a eyebrow as Robin nodded her head with a small smile.

"Oh, oh yeah right. Right, that makes so much more sense. All that was a complete misunderstanding, I have friends my age! Definitely have friends my age." Scout laughed awkwardly before shutting herself up by shoving a hand full of sprinkles into her mouth.

"You and Dustin are cousin?" Robin asked as she scooped cones a few minutes later while Steve took five to talk with Dustin.

"Well, third cousins but yes." she nodded while swinging her legs back and forth. She was proud of her outfit today was was waiting for someone to complement her on it. The yellow and black plaid pants paired with a yellow tank that had a butterfly on the front and topped off with yellow eyeliner and combat boots was definitely one of her best looks yet.

"And you're other friends are..." Robin trialed off as Scout rolled her eyes.

"Abandoning us for their so called better lives. Dustin tried to get in contact with his new girlfriend Suzie, that looks like Phebee Kates, but they all left by nine o'clock. I mean, nine? Seriously, what are they gonna be doing at nine? I know what I would be doing, dancing around to Madonna and picking out extremely awesome outfits that I happen to expect more than just my guardian angle to compliment me on." Scout said as she swung her legs back and forth innocently and waiting for Robin to complement her.

"It's a nice outfit." Robin said to her with a laugh as Scout smiled.

"Lady pirates right, got any pretzels today?" Tate asked as he approached the shop and leaned on the counter.