Twenty-Six| 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

Scout sat outside of the Hopper cabin while Tate and his Dad spoke inside

Scout sat outside of the Hopper cabin while Tate and his Dad spoke inside. She gave them space after he showed up, via phone call from her, and walked in to be reunited with his missing son. She could hear them talking, mainly in Spanish so she didn't understand, but Scout didn't mind. She'd give them all the time they needed. In the mean time, she thought about Max.

The letter she wrote her was tucked away in her pocket, messing with her shoes. When Scout first met Max, she'd complimented these exact shoes. Scout sighed, dropping her head onto her knees. She went and visited her a few times through it the past two days, but a lot of Scouts work needed to be done here, to help Tate stay concealed from the world until he was ready to be flooded with questions and every Hawkins residents attention.

She'd walkied back and forth with Lucas through out the day, the hospital not being far from the cabin. Nothing had changed, not with Max, and especially not with her. She couldn't recall what happened at the Crill house after Tate froze over Vecna, she didn't remember him falling through the floor, she just remembered blinking and he was gone. It played in her mind a lot recently, she started to wonder if she'd forgotten or faded off every now and then since the attack.

She just wasn't sure.

Her head snapped upwards when she saw a pizza van pulling up to the cabin, her eyes going wide. "Tate! Did you order a-"

He opened the door with an alarming face.

"Will!" Scout yelled loudly, scaring some birds in the trees. She ran down the steps and met him half way, the pair hugging each other tightly and stumbling around. "I've missed you so much. You've gotten so tall!"

"So have you. And your hair has gotten so much bigger." he laughed, pulling away from her. His eyes looked to her yellow shirt, last he'd seen her she was lacking any form of yellow. They hadn't talked much either, though Scout didn't talk to hardly anyone over the last year. "You've got your yellow back."

"Holy shit." Mike stepped out of the van with a gapping mouth. "El wasn't lying."

They didn't ask how El had known Tate was alive when they had been in Lenora, and they remained in Hawkins. If didn't matter, they didn't have to know she spied to keep them safe.

"Ugh, not you again!" Tate rolled his eyes from the porch. "Wheeler."

Mike paid him no mind as he went to Scout and gave her a huge hug, like Will, stumbling just a little. "I was so worried about you, you jerk."

"I was worried about you too." she smiled as they pulled away, he smiled back down at her.

"Yes, we were all so worried." Tate walked down the steps.

"Scout." El got out the van and hugged her. "Guess what I did?"

"What?" she pulled back from their hug.

"Piggybacked on a pizza freezer." she smiled, because she knew she'd like that.

"New life goal." Scout smiled as she held her shoulders.