Seven

ᴰᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃˡˡ ʰᶦᵐ "ᵇᵃᵇʸ"
ᵂᵉ'ʳᵉ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗᵃˡᵏᶦⁿᵍ ˡᵃᵗᵉˡʸ
•••

"Erica, do you copy?" Robin spoke into the walkie talkie as it went static for a moment.

"Mhm, I copy. You nerds in position or what?" Ericas voice came through, making Scout laugh slightly.

"Yeah, we're in position. It's all quiet here so you've got the green light." Robin said in confirmation as Tate rubbed his hands together for warmth.

"Green light, roger that. Commence operation Child Endangerment." Erica said as Tate was the one to laugh now, getting a small elbow from Scout, who couldn't hold back her own laugh.

"Could we maybe not call it that?" Robin questioned with a sigh as she gave the two teens next to her a look as they tried to contain their laughter.

"See you on the other side, nerds." Erica said as the walkie went out, making the remaining five share a look.

"Alright nerds, i'm there." Ericas voice came through a few minutes later, making Robin quickly grab the walkie.

"Do you see anything?" the girl asked as they all stayed silent to listen closely.

"Yeah, I see those boring boxes you're so excited about."

"Any guards?"

"Negative."

"Booby-traps?"

"If I could see them they'd be pretty shit traps."

"Thank you for that."

"I'm in." Erica finished as the doors opened to the room, making Scout cheer as her and Tate hugged. The two pulled away a few seconds later once they realized what they were doing.

"Jerk-off." Scout mumbled while pushed him.

"Drama queen." he shot back as they headed down toward the now open doors.

After Steve cut open one of the boxes, there was a metal box at the bottom. He reached down and pulled the lid off slowly to reveal four holes with, what seemed to be filled with some gew.

"That's definitely not chinese food." Steve mumbled as Tate shook his head.

"Bummer, I could really go for some chow mein." the taller boy said as Steve and Dustin began to argue over them stepping back, Dustin saying no but Steve wanting him go anyway.

"No! If you die, I die." Dustin said as Scout couldn't help but grin as Steve turned to him with a blink before reaching down and pulling one of the tubes upwards.

"Holy hell, what is that?" Scout asked as she looked at the glowing gew in he clear container. The room began to shake slightly as Tate stumbled into Scout a bit.

"Oh god, i'm back in the volcanoes with my cousin." Tate said as Scout gave him a crazy look.

"Booby-traps." Erica mumbled as Robin and Scout shared a look.

"You know what, lets just grab that and go." Robin said as Dustin nodded and began pushing the buttons to get the doors open again.