Fourteen

•••

Tate had a empty casket funeral. A empty freaking casket. It was a small funeral, Tates Dad didn't want many people there. His cousins came down, all of his family really. He invited Scout after how much time she spend at his apartment, sleeping in Tates bed almost every night. He didn't mind her being there though, apart of Scout made him think of Tate.

The funeral was the only time the party saw Scout over the next three months. They knew not to push but they missed her, so much. Each time they'd stop by her house her parents would say she wasn't home, they never saw her out places, it was as if she fell off the face of the earth.

Scout was a mess. She missed Tate, more then anything. She told herself she'd feel better if they found his body, but she knew that was a lie. They came to the conclusion that he burnt within the fire of the mall, it made since but she hated the thought of him suffering while burning to death.

El sighed as she looked around the yard of the Byers house, saying goodbye to all of her friends before they moving trucks left. They were short one, El's first friend she had, her most important friend at that. She wanted to tell Scout bye, she wanted her to be here.

With one last sad look, she grabbed the door of the moving truck before a figure walked up the dirt drive way. Almost no one recognized her, her hair was pulled up in a bun, something it never was in, her usual bright yellow eyeshadow or eyeliner was no longer a factor on her eyes, being left natural, her skin had paled and looked milky, making the dark circles under her eyes stand out even more.

El slammed the door as she rushed toward the girl, wrapping her in a tight hug. They stayed that was for a while, holding each other as if they were the only people in the world, "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you." Scout repeated, her voice scratchy and not the same. The two didn't pull apart until Will approached, crying as he hugged her tightly. Jonathan and Joyce did the same, all four soaking up the last moments they had and making up for the last three months.

Scout forced herself to smile, a sad one at that as she waved to the moving truck that left the house. Not turning toward her other friends until the moving truck left the driveway completely. They all looked as her, their own emotions from the move fresh on their faces. Dustin waved Scout over as him and Lucas hugged her, holding her close before Mike and Max did the same.

After getting on the back of Dustins bike, the two rode back to her home, the wind wiping through her hair. Scout stared out at the sun, the trees, the clouds, anything. She thought about Tate, wondering what he'd be thinking if he was here, wondering if he loved her just as much as she loved him.

A boy gasped loudly as he sat up, his body in pain as the gew around him soaking his skin and clothes. Looking around, all he saw was gew, gew and mush. He didn't know what it was at the time, yelling out for the girl he'd fallin for so quickly in hopes she'd some how appear. But she didn't... because he wasn't in Hawkins anyway.... he was what everyone called, the upside down.
•••••••

i'm so hurt.. so freaking hurt. s4.... please come faster...