Rescued - Captain James Conrad

Glancing cautiously behind me, I crept out from behind the aeroplane wreckage and shifted my spear in my hand to get a better grip. A small rodent creature was lurking nearby, and it was going to be my dinner. Closing one eye I aimed and speared it straight through; it let out a squeal and sank to the ground, breathing its last.

After tying its legs and slinging it over my shoulder I headed back to my shack to cook it. It was a secluded place, away from open plains and surrounded by thick trees which provided me protection from many of the dangerous creatures that lived on this island. The canopy as well as being a great home for the snakes I constantly fought off was a great shield from the often harsh weather conditions.

I was fortunate I had found a place like it, I had crash-landed on this island after flying my plan into a storm. The two passengers had died but I was left, and now three years later - at least I think, I'm doing ok.

I miss my family so badly, my sister must be 21 now, and my dog Attie would be 4. I wondered if my parents were still together, and I wondered if I was a missing person or presumed dead. Might as well be later, there is no way I'm getting off this island, I've come too close to dying in the process of escape too many times. I just wished there were other people here - well besides the natives that is, I say far away from them.

As I entered my home I saw a man standing in the corner rummaging through my things. He turned to me and locked eyes, he was staring intently with an intense look. Instead of asking what the hell he was doing in my house like a regular human, I dropped my kill and sprang towards him and locked him in the tightest hug I think I'd ever given anyone in my life.

He was a little shocked but I felt an arm against my back as he held me, "it's alright," he said in a smooth British accent, "did you get stranded here?"

I nodded against his shoulder and my shoulders shook as I started to cry, "you have no idea how happy I am to see another person!" I pulled out of the hug and continued, "my plane was caught up in a storm, I was the only one to survive."

"I'm so sorry," he responded, "don't you worry, my team and I are working on a way off this island, we have a boat, I was just scouting for some supplies to fix it when I came across your house. Do you want to come with us?"

I nodded vigorously, "yes, I've been stranded on this hellish island for three years."

"Alright then," he stated, "take only the things you need, we have to travel light. Oh, I forgot to ask, what's your name love?"

I wiped the tears from my eyes, "y/n."

"I'm Captain James Conrad," he nodded, "but you can call me James."

"Thank you for coming here," I answered, "you've saved my life, I'm sure I wouldn't have survived another day in this place."

He smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder, "I will get you home safe and sound y/n, you have my word, I'll keep you safe."

I grinned shyly, I liked him.