RTOD Sequel Christmas Teaser

Merry Christmas, everyone! 

Firstly, yes, I did make the picture of Ash and Serena as Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus. Secondly, what a year. It's not as horrible as last year, but I think we can agree there's been enough going on that we have reason to hope our God in heaven has a better year in store for us in 2022. On a more positive note, I don't have a Christmas-related story for you guys like I did last year with While You Were Sleeping, but I wanted to give you at least something. So, I decided to give you something to excite you this holiday season by giving you a teaser for The Road to our Destiny II: The Galar Adventures. Specifically, my Christmas gift to all of you is the latest draft to the first chapter of the story. At the present, (no pun intended,) I'm roughly 5/6th into chapter 39 out of hopefully no more than 50, and it still looks like it will be somewhere around May or June of next year that the entire story will be ready to publish.  With that said, I present to you the current draft of chapter one to The Road to our Destiny II: The Galar Adventures.

***********************************************************************************************

It's a quiet evening at the recently opened Cerise Laboratory. Professor Cerise himself was going through data with his research assistants, Chrysa and Ren, hoping to make new discoveries revolving around the magical world of Pokemon. His wife, Talia, was working on a new illustration after washing the dishes from dinner with Mimey. Chloe, their daughter, was in her room reading with her Pokemon, Yamper. In the Cerise Park, one of Professor Cerise's research fellows, Goh, was in his room dreaming about capturing Mew.

At a different section of the park, however, another one of the professor's research fellows was out dancing with her Pokemon. Serena moved her body with a heavenly smile plastered on her face while Braixen, Pancham, Sylveon, Poliwhirl, and Absol danced with her. There was no music for the six of them to dance to, but that didn't stop them. All they needed was the passion to perform even if there was no Pokemon showcase or contest to practice for.

"Alright, everyone, let's wrap it up," Serena said.

Braixen, Pancham, Sylveon, Poliwhirl, and Absol smiled and nodded simultaneously. Braixen used Flamethrower, Sylveon used Swift, Poliwhirl used Bubble Beam, and both Pancham and Absol fire Dark Pulse into the air. The moves collided several feet above Serena, and they exploded into fireworks of many colors. Serena twirled and her Pokemon jumped, hopped, and flipped into positions before they all made a final pose together.

"Ta-da! All done!" Serena shouted to an imaginary audience.

The honey blonde girl and her Pokemon stood still, imagining hundreds of people and Pokemon applauding with their spirits lighted high. Serena, Braixen, Pancham, Sylveon, Poliwhirl, and Absol bowed before Serena took a few steps forward to face her dear friends.

"Great job, everybody. That was our best one yet," she praised.

The Pokemon let out calls of cheer, uplifted by her compliment. Serena reached into her pockets, took out her Pokemon team's Pokeballs and returned them. With Serena all alone, she stretched with a pleased hum and began walking to the park exit, ready for a good night's sleep.

But as she was heading to the exit, she heard the sound of a loud sigh. Serena looked around with a puzzled look, wondering where the sound came from until it hit her. She smiled and shook her as she walked to the bushes beside the exit door and looked over to see Ash lying on the grass on a step hill with his hands behind his back and Pikachu sleeping next to him, cuddled up in a ball. Serena sighed as this was not the first night she found her boyfriend and his partner there.