Chapter 32

Butch and Cassidy have been in a foul mood even after they were bailed out of prison. Three times now, their plans have been ruined to the point of imprisonment, and it is thanks to their status in the Team Rocket circle that Giovanni would make bail for them again. Despite their boss' decision to set them free again, however, the two grunts know too well that he is displeased when Matori ordered them to report to his office right after they left prison. It is clear to both of them that despite Giovanni is greatly incensed by their failure, something they have never seen him be in their Team Rocket careers.

Butch and Cassidy make it to Matori's desk, and the secretary presses the buzzard allowing them to enter the office without looking at either of them. They robotically enter the office where Giovanni is glued to his computer while his trusty Persian lies on the couch, looking bored. The two of them walk until they are a few feet away from Giovanni's desk and firmly salute him.

"Sir," they say simultaneously.

Giovanni keeps his eyes on his computer as if he doesn't acknowledge they are in his office for a moment. Then he closes his eyes and lets out an irate sigh before turning off the computer monitor and turning to his grunts with a hard glare.

"Butch. Cassidy." He says bluntly. "I can't stress enough how disappointed I am with the two of you."

Butch and Cassidy stay silent, waiting for a moment to speak.

"This is hardly the first time I've had to bail the two of you out of prison, but to be captured on something as simple as a mere ambush against a few measly trainers is unacceptable," he says. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say the two of you are losing your nerves if you are unable to do something so basic to steal Pokemon for our cause."

Cassidy bites her tongue to keep herself from shouting out what she has to say in defense against Giovanni's harsh words.

"What you have to say for yourselves?" Giovanni finishes as he puts his hands together and rests his elbows on his desk.

Butch and Cassidy look at each other and nod before Butch speaks.

"Sir, we cannot deny that what transpired is a disgrace to our names and the name of Team Rocket," he says. "The fact is we were overpowered by five trainers who had very powerful Pokemon, one of which captured us and knocked us out with his Gardevoir using Psychic. We do, however, wish to point out that this could have been prevented from another group of Team Rocket."

Giovanni raises his eyebrow suspiciously, and plainly says, "Go on."

"Sir, while we were in battle, we spotted Jessie, James, and Meowth on their air balloon not far from where we were," Cassidy says. "We tried to get them to join us in the fight, but they blatantly refused and hid deep in the forest while we were arrested."

"What?!" Giovanni growls. "I sent them on a very important mission, and not only have I not heard any reports from them, but they refused to aid you on yours?!"

"That is correct, sir," Butch says.

Giovanni grinds his teeth angrily for a moment before he takes a deep breath and recollects his calm demeanor.

"Very well," he says. "Return to your quarters and await further instructions. I'll deal with those fools."

"Sir!" Butch and Cassidy shout simultaneously with another salute.

The two of them turn around and march out of the room while secretly grinning mischievously. Giovanni, meanwhile, lets out a frustrated grown before activating his videophone and waits a few seconds before a screen appears showing Jessie, James, and Meowth, who are standing in formation inside their Magikarp submarine.