Chapter 78

From the medical camp behind the front lines, everyone is working as hard and as fast as possible. Brock, Erika, her assistants, Professor Sycamore, Mairin, Chespie, Bonnie, Dedenne, and all the doctors and Nurse Joys from both the Kanto and Johto regions are struggling to keep up with the many Pokemon trainers that are lined up to have their Pokemon healed before going back to the fighting. The doctors and nurses are moving around left and right, bringing damaged or unconscious Pokemon to their healing machines, carts full of medicine, or barrels of berries as quickly and efficiently as possible. From the farthest side of the camp, Bonnie and Dedenne are taking care of giving berries to anyone who needs them.

"Bonnie, I need 2 Oran Berries," a Nurse Joy says, holding a Gloom.

"Got it," Bonnie says, taking two Oran berries out of one of the barrels and handing it to Nurse Joy before she leaves.

"Bonnie, I need a Pacha Berry stat!" A doctor says hurriedly while carrying a poisoned Radicate.

"Right away," Bonnie says, giving a Pacha Berry to the doctor.

"Bonnie, I need three Cheri Berries for thi, Chameleon, and Weezing," Professor Sycamore says with the three Pokemon behind him.

Bonnie turns to the many barrels and calls out, "Dedenne, three Cheri Berries!"

Dedenne pops up and picks the Cheri Berries out of one of the barrels farthest from the little girl and brings them to her as fast as the little antenna Pokemon can carry them. Bonnie gives then to the professor before he feeds them to the Pokemon, and they leave.

Bonnie sighs in relief, thankful to have a moment of peace. She takes off Serena's hat and uses it as a fan.

"I don't know how long I can keep this up, Dedenne," she moans. "It's getting chaotic over here."

"De, ne, ne," Dedenne groans in agreement.

"I sure hope the battle is somehow going better than it looks over here with all of these hurt Pokemon," Bonnie says. "And I really hope Clemont and all of our friends are doing okay."

"So do I."

Bonnie turns around to find Brock and his Chansey heading towards her with Brock having a serious look.

"Hey, Brock. Got some berry requests?" Bonnie asks.

"Yes. I need 7 Pacha Berries, 9 Persim Berries, and 15 Enigma Berries right away," Brock answers.

"Coming right up," Bonnie says as she and Dedenne gather all of the requested berries and place them in Brock and Chansey's arms.

The tan-skinned man and his Pokemon carry the berries to the other side of the camp where a couple of Nurse Joys and doctors take them and feed them to several Pokemon. Brock sighs in relief and is about to find something else to help when he hears a loud voice.

"Help! Somebody help!"

He turns around to see a woman with blonde hair covered by her hat and wearing a zipped jacket and a long skirt. She runs over to Brock in a state of panic and grabs his shirt.

"You gotta help me!" She exclaims. "My Pokemon is in trouble."

Brock looks at the woman sympathetically and says, "I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to wait in line."

"You don't understand!" The woman begs with tears in her eyes. "It's not just unable to fight! It's in serious, critical condition! If nothing is done about it soon, it might...might..."

The woman lowers her head and starts crying loudly. Brock looks at the woman concerned, understanding what she is implying. In his heart, he knows he can't refuse a Pokemon that might be in a terminal condition.