Chapter 52

Timothy's mind is still wrapped around the fact that his former rival is still alive as he follows the cloaked figure. Even Electchu and Poliwrath still feel terrified as they walk closely behind their partner. Coovers, Gengar, Blitzwing, Odyssey, and Shockwave try to comfort the three of them as they walk, but deep down, they know that the shock of what they discovered is too great. Brandon and Looker, meanwhile, are struggling to process the fact that Team Rocket ambushed them while the former carries the chest containing the Gieldanstone.

But whatever was on everyone's mind, they all feel uneasy in the presence of the cloaked figure. The mysterious being floats a couple of feet from the air as it leads them further into the ruins. They don't know if they should be thanking it or feeling ready to attack it with their Pokemon in case it tries anything.

Finally, when they are far enough down underground, the figure turns around and lands its feet on the ground. Everyone else stops walking as they wait for it to do something.

"I take it you have questions," the figure says.

"I can think of a few," Looker says bluntly. "What have you done with Team Rocket?"

"Team Rocket has been teleported back to where they came from with no memory of what has transpired here or of the Gieldanstone's existence," the figure answers.

"Yeah? So why have you not done that with us?" Coovers asks.

"Because you are the only ones who were searching for the stone I am willing to trust," the figure says. "You are as determined as I am to make sure the Gieldanstone will never reach the hands of the leader of Team Rocket. And because the three of you are friends of Ash and Brock."

Timothy and Electchu snap out of their shocked state to stare at the figure as it points at the two of them and Coovers. The three of them look at each other while Brandon and Looker look surprised.

"You know Ash and Brock?" Looker says.

The cloaked figure turns to the two older men and says, "You know them too?"

"I do," Looker says. "The two of them and their friends have aided me a couple of times when dealing with the former crime organization known as Team Galactic in the Sinnoh region. Sometime after that, Ash and some of his other friends helped me with Team Plasma in the Unova region."

"And I've battled with Ash inside my pyramid a couple of times," Brandon says. "He, Brock, and their friend Dawn also aided me in protecting the legendary Pokemon Regigigas from a Pokemon hunter. "

The figure hums in thought and says, "In that case, we have more in common than just our need to keep the Gieldanstone from Team Rocket."

Timothy frowns and says, "That's all well and good, but what does our friendships with Ash and Brock have to do with you or the Gieldanstone? You seem to know a lot about our intentions, and yet we have no idea who or what you are."

"You wish to know who I am to trust that I am your ally?" The figure asks.

"Yes," Timothy says seriously.

The cloaked figure doesn't say anything for a moment, but eventually, it sighs and says, "Very well, but you must swear never to tell anyone about me. If you truly are friends of Ash and his friends, you will never say a word to anyone."

Timothy, Coovers, Looker, and Brandon hesitate before they all silently admit that they would not deny their friendships with the raven-haired trainer or his other friends. They nod in agreement, and the figure turns to Electchu and the other Pokemon.

"The same goes for all of you," it says. "Do you swear to keep this a secret?"

The Pokemon all nod in agreement earnestly. The figure then pauses for a moment before it grabs its cloak and removes it completely from its body. Timothy, Coovers, and Brandon's Pokemon grow hostile at first while the four men look at the figure confused. Floating in front of them is a grey, bipedal, humanoid creature with feline features and a long purple tail stand before them. It has two blunt, short horns on its head and a tube that extends from the back of its skull to the top of its spine.