Chapter 85

Over the years, Ash and Serena's relationship grew as they traveled together. Some time after going back to Pallet Town, they ended up living in the Sakuragi Institute in Vermillion City. For a time, they traveled to various regions with a boy named Go as research fellows for Professor Sakuragi. Eventually, however, after visiting the Galar region a couple of times for the professor's research, Ash and Serena decided to part ways from the Sakuragi Institue to go on a journey through the new region. Together, they went on many more adventures with Pikachu from meeting/capturing new Pokemon and discovering new things such as the power of Dynamix Pokemon. Ash competed in the Galar League, and Serena competed in the Galar Pokemon contests. Ash only made it to the top 4 in the Pokemon League, and Serena lost at the final round of the Galar Grand Festival, but neither of them minded. They were happy to experience more about the world of Pokemon together.

After their first journey to Galar, Ash and Serena started traveling to many more regions and other places in the world. Every now and then, they'll revisit regions like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, and Galar out of hopes that either or both will succeed in winning the Pokemon league or Grand Festival or the Pokemon Master Class. On the third year of their relationship, Serena finally defeated Aria in the Master Class, but when she was offered to stay in Kalos to carry on the role of Kalos Queen, she politely declined. When Aria and Palermo asked Serena why, she simply answered that she wanted to continue traveling with her boyfriend, where she can keep making all sorts of people and Pokemon smile all over the world. Aria was disappointed, having expected to finally hand the title of Kalos Queen to Serena, but Palermo understood, knowing that Serena's dream lies far beyond Kalos.

Things were also going well for Ash and Serena's friends. When Ash first took Serena to Alola, they found out that Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet had a child, much to their joy. It was also two years after Holly moved to Pewter City that Brock asked her to marry him. Ash, Serena, Pikachu, and all their friends met up in Sinnoh, where Holly wanted to get married so that her parents can be there. At the wedding, Ash was Brock's Best Man, and Serena was Holly's Maid of Honor. During the ceremony, Brock's mom had to calm down his dad because he was tearing up to see his eldest son finally get married. Soon after, Holly had their first child and true to their promise to each other; she and Brock stayed in Pewter City to always be there for their children, unlike Brock's parents, as they continue to have more children.

Some of their friends started getting together or getting married. It took a while before May confessed how she feels about Drew, and it turned out he felt the same and was waiting for her to say it. Dawn reunited her rival coordinator from Sinnoh, Kenny, and eventually, they also started a relationship after years of Kenny pursuing her. When Bonnie and Max where in their teens, the two of them traveled to Kalos together with May and Drew while Max was collecting badges for the Kalos League and May competed in Pokemon showcases. Halfway through their journey, Bonnie bluntly told Max how she feels about him, and it took a minute before he processed her spontaneous confession and admitted he feels the same way. Finally, when they were in their twenties, Alain brought it upon himself to admit that he has loved Mairin for years, making her very happy, and the two of them married not long after.

All in all, things were looking up for Ash, Serena and everyone they care about. The two of them have gone through ups and downs like any loving couple will, and sometimes they will win tournaments like a Pokemon League the Grand Festival, but most times, they will lose. But either way, their relationship grew stronger as they couldn't be happier as long as they are together supporting each other's dreams.

*****************************************************************************************

It is early in the evening at Lily of the Lake Island. Serena has recently competed in the Sinnoh Grand Festival for the fifth time and made it all the way to the semifinals before she was defeated by a red-haired woman named Olive, who ultimately won the tournament. Soon after, Ash, Serena, and Pikachu traveled from Lake Valley to the Lily of the Valley Island, where Ash is going to compete in the Sinnoh League again.