Chapter 41: Part 2: Dear Pupil Number H00104594

A/N: Hey peoples! Long time no update! So this update is still really short but please believe me when I say that my schedule has been more than full. Hopefully this chapter will have one more part before it is over. I'm sorry that it has taken me SO long to update.

Chapter 41: Part 2:

After the visitors left the day progressed at a very painfully slow pace.

Chey had decided just to stay in sulk in her room the rest of the afternoon and the Monster had taken to watching reruns of old human shows on the television. I had resumed my baking madness in a blind attempt to make it appear as if everything were just as it was. Occasionally the Monster would get up during a commercial and come into the kitchen to steal a cookie or a piece of pie. He never looked at me when he came in.

Nor did he try to speak to me.

It wasn't until around seven o'clock that night that the Monster came into the kitchen and wordlessly started cooking dinner around my baking mess. At first I didn't know how to take the way he moved soundlessly around the kitchen, never once invading my space as he started browning meat in a skillet to make what I guessed was spaghetti sauce. Eventually though I decided that if all he was going to do was ignore me I might as well do the same. So I baked more meringue cookies while the Monster cooked, sharing the silence.

I was too busy thinking of how I was going to tell Chey what had happened...how I was going to tell her how I lied and what she was now to really worry about the elephant in the room. I didn't even know where to begin telling her. 

I was pretty sure that "hey litte sis, you know how you always wanted one of those sick hairy bastards to be your very own? We'll guess what; it's your lucky day," would not go over well.

What could I tell her? How could I even begin to tell her what she was and what I had done without her passing out or just about having a panic attack. I didn't want her to be afraid. I didn't want to introduce this fear to her. But I had to. 

I had to.

I had no choice.

"Shit." I cursed when I accidentally tried to take a hot cookie sheet out of the oven without oven mitts. I had been so lost in thought that I didn't even think about the damn thing burning me. I opened my hand to see a perfect red imprint of the side of the pan across my palm and fingers.

Before I could react any further the Monster appeared beside me and grabbed my wrist. I jumped at the sudden contact and tried to pull my hand back only to have him tighten his grip, looking up into my face briefly and keeping eye contact with me for what seemed like the first time in weeks. While I was sure my expression was startled and frightened at his sudden unannounced touch he didn't seem to have any reaction to what he was seeing. He just looked back at me with a blank expression that was almost numbly calm.

He dropped his gaze as I stilled at examined the burnt palm of my hand carefully with a scowl on his face. He then pulled me over to the sink and shoved my palm under a stream of cool water. The water felt soothing to the throbbing burn but it was awkward the way the Monster continued to hold my hand under the water, standing so close to me that both our chests were touching.  I had felt his body up against mine many times before but it felt strange for him to be touching me in such a casual away when he hadn't in such a long time.

I had to hold my breath to keep my heart from jumping out of my throat with the spike of fear that always gripped me when he was near. I could feel the hairs begining to stand up on the back of my neck at the prolonged contact and my stomach began to hurt as I had to push images out of my mind that I would never forget.