Chapter 15: Rabid Cookie Monster

A/N: I would like some more comments on this chapter. What do you think about the new characters? How do you feel about what Juniper has discovered in this chapter? Happy reading!

>NnT

Chapter 15:

I woke up knowing exactly where I was, who's bed I was in and who's arms was once again wrapped around my waist, keeping me in a tight embrace. The monster. Sean. The weekend had gone by slowly and excruciatingly. All weekend I had been stuck with the monster touching me, holding me, kissing my lips and practically force feeding more food than I could possibly eat.

He had been obsessed with my wellbeing and health all weekend. Which was both massively annoying and somewhat relieving. Occasionally I could feel his gaze on me in a way that made me feel uncomfortable. His eyes would darken and his expression would become predatory in a way that made me know that he was feeling lustful. Something told me that that if I had been healthier he might have acted on those impulses.

The thought made a shiver of fear and disgust run through my body. I didn't want to think about that. It had hurt. It was awful. I would be happy never to do that ever again.

The monster's arms tightened around me.

"Are you cold mate?" It asked, kissing the side of my neck. I had to hold back a whimper of pain, images flashing though my head that I didn't want.

"Honey you're trembling." He commented with a worried voice, pulling me even closer if it were possible. "Did you have a nightmare?" he asked.

No.

I had woken up to one.

I nodded my head.

"Shhh, it was just a dream." He assured me rocking me back and forth a little. How could he be so clueless? How could he not know what he had done to me? The most awful thing that can happen to a woman. He leaned up a little and looked at the clock that was on the nightstand. It was 7 am.

"Shit." He grumbled as he let go of me and moved to get up. "I'm going to be late for work."

He got up and walked over to the closet only wearing a pair of black boxers. The muscles in his back were hard and defined, his legs taught with muscle as well. I pushed my head into the pillows.

The last thing I needed were more images of his body in my head.

I had enough of those.

And they were not pleasant.

"I have to go to work and do my weekly service on patrol. I'll be back around six or seven." He assured me, coming to the side of the bed and running his fingers through my hair. "Love you." he whispered as he bent down and kissed the top of my head.

I pretended to be too lost in sleep to care or notice.

I heard him sigh and leave the room. Eventually the front door slammed shut indicating that the monster had left the building.

I got up and went into the bathroom. I smelled like him. I needed a shower.

I turned the shower water as hot and as hard as it would go, stripped and then got in. The water scorched my skin and I scrubbed his scent off of me with a bar of soap so hard that I was sure I took a couple of layers of skin off.

I didn't care. I wanted him off of me. I wasn't going to stop scrubbing until he was gone.

A flash of red against the white of the shower was what finally broken my trance.

One of my fingernails had scratched hard enough into the skin on my shoulder to draw blood.

I dropped the soap and shut off the water in an instant.