Chapter 24: A+ For Flunking

A/N: Sorry that it took so long for me to update! I haven't had too much time to write between work and well... work. I would like to have some comments and votes before my next update!

Chapter 24:

“Were you not alerted to Sean’s presence in your house before you entered?” The court representative asked me as she sat across from me at the table. I shifted uncomfortably on the hard wooden chair, my back side aching. The woman had been interrogating me for the last three hours, so far just asking me stupid questions about my past history with violence and if I had had any incidents of violence at work. She seemed not to understand why I of all people would have a weapon on me. I knew that is why she probed so deep into my work history. She hadn’t found anything though. I was a model human slave. I never had placed so much as a toe out of line.

“Yes, my sister informed me that someone was in the house.” I replied.

“So you were not startled by his presence when you entered?” She asked searchingly.

“Confused, angry and frightened but not startled.” I admitted. She scribbled something down on her notebook. I had determined by her expression that she was writing down what she didn’t like about my answers. She had filled three pages now. I guess I was doing well in the flunking department. I had pretended to be asleep for half the night while I tried to come up with a plan to “flunk” my hearing without making it obvious I was trying to. The idea came to me at about three this morning and I had practically slept like a baby since.

I would just be myself.

If that didn’t get me to stay on house arrest these werewolves were a lot dumber than I had originally gave them credit for.

“Did Sean try to hurt you in any way Miss Olden?” She asked. I frowned.

“Yes, he chased me down and torn into my flesh with his teeth.” I answered. She narrowed her eyes and looked at me with a distasteful and irritated expression.

“I am talking about before you pulled the gun on your mate, Miss Olden. Marking you does not constitute as a violent act.”

I folded my arms over my chest and glared at the werewolf interrogator with contempt.

“Have you ever had a beast lock its jaws around your throat Ms. Glenn?” I asked, a hint of starchiness coming out in my voice while I looked at the smooth unmarred skin around her neck which told me that she was not mated. She narrowed her eyes and clicked her pen with a bitter expression on her face.

“Answer the question Miss Olden.” She practically snarled at me. I had to hold myself back from rolling my eyes at her.

“He made a move toward me and I reminded him that I am allowed to defend myself if he tried to touch me.” I informed her in a clipped tone. I did not like this woman. She had beady eyes and a disgruntled face that made me want to stick my tongue out at her. I didn’t though.

I bet Carlos would consider that part of the “too obvious” category.

“And when did you start threatening him with a gun?” she asked. I crossed my arms over my chest.

“When he called me his mate.”

Her expression tightened like she was hearing a crazy person speak.

“Why would you do that? Being claimed as a human is a great honor.” She told me in a haughty tone that reminded me too much of my sister.

“I’m afraid of achievement.” I jeered back forgetting the freaking obvious category for a moment.