Chapter 18: He will Never Forget

A/N: I'm sorry that it isn't a super long chapter! I didn't have as much time to write over the weekend as I had expected. How do you like the new cover? I am thinking about adding the story into a second category but I'm not sure which I should choose, thoughts?

Chapter: 18

"Red." I greeted, earning a warning growl from Sean and an ear to ear grin from the redhead that was slightly behind one shoulder of the scary looking giant.

"Hey Homedawg, whatz happenin'?" She asked, sounding completely ridiculous. Sean moved to block her sight of me and growled lowly, his muscular back rigid with protectiveness and uncertainty.

Over-reactive mutt.

"How do you know my mate?" he asked, his posture tense. I looked up at the Beta for any signs that Sean's position was taken as threatening but he was just standing as still and emotionless as he was before.  Red grinned a grin that smelled of bullshit.

"Well it is actually kind of a funny story, you see a couple of years ago we were both recruited by a secret society that trains a select group of people in the classic forms of martial arts to become a ninja assassins and Juniper was my partner in the company trust building clinic we would have every month called fight to the death and-"

The Beta cut her off mid rant by slapping his hand over her mouth much like Kyrie did this morning but with no facial expression or signs of desperation.

"Ile's human brought Regina over to visit your human this morning." He informed Sean while he held Red's mouth shut. Regina? So that was Red's real name.  He released her and Red turned to look at him with an expression that was suddenly dejected, her green eyes glistening with tears.

"Is that why you don't love me? Because I'm just a human?" she asked in a voice that sounded utterly heart broken. For a moment I was even baffled by what she had said. Why the hell would she be upset about him not loving her? Hell, I would be jumping up and down in joy if Sean didn't confess to loving me every five freaking minutes. The statue of a man's expression did not change but something in his eyes shifted and he reached toward Red with both hands very subtly, offering comfort to her. But in a split second her facial expression did a complete one-eighty and she was giggling like a slap jawed idiot as she shoved past Sean without hesitation and attempted to throw her arm over my shoulder, having to stand on her toes to be somewhat effective.

"Come on Juniper, let's leave the dogs alone so they can sniff each other's butts and what not." She instructed, already dragging me toward the kitchen. Sean growled and grabbed my hand before I was out of arms' length.

"Where are you taking my mate?" he snarled at Red, still getting no protective response from the Beta standing in the doorway. Red looked up at the large monster with eyebrows raised.

"What happened to the good old days when you used to at least blink when someone snarled at your precious mate?" she asked, huffing out a defeated sigh. Then she smiled and looked at Sean with an eager and mischievous expression.

"Hey dip shit, let's see if he'll even make a face if you see me naked." She suggested her arm leaving my shoulder so that her hands to go to the hem of her shirt. The large monster had moved past Sean so fast that I couldn't follow the movement with my eyes and his hands locked around Red's, preventing her from lifting her shirt but his face still let nothing slip. No anger...nothing.It was actually more frightening that way.

"You will refer to Sean as Gamma Blakewell and you will keep your clothes on." He commanded, his tone making me flinch. Red however suddenly looked like she was going to break down crying again.