Chapter 5: Welcome to Hell

Chapter 5: 

I woke up feeling like superman had picked up a half-ton truck and bitch slapped me with it.

Everything hurt.

My muscles were sore, my head was pounding and my shoulder was burning with a fire that made me whimper. I don't remember the last time I even made that kind of sound. It sounded so alien as it resounded through the room. I finally forced my eyes open and tried to sit up, noting how hard it was to do so. I was about to try to stand when a hand suddenly touched my shoulder. The ache in my body was forgotten in that moment and I whirled around in a flash, retreating on shaky feet away from the person on the other side of the cot I had been unconscious on.

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you." the man's voice tried to calm me. My eyes finally moved to look over the man across from me and my mind automatically drew a blank. While l had expected one of the muscle bound monsters to have been who grabbed my shoulder, this male was rather thin in comparison. His skin was dark ebony, his eyes a soft normal brown and when he smiled at me I saw that his teeth were of normal denture, no enlarged canines to be seen.

"You're human." I blurted out with a dry throat seeming to be both baffled as oddly comforted by the fact.

He nodded reassuringly.

"Yes, I'm human." He whispered back to me. I was confused for a moment longer as I stared at him but then my eyes saw something at the wide neck line of his shirt, a gruesome looking scar that looked like some sort of animal he bitten into him.

"T-they-they...bit you?" I asked horrified and suddenly understanding. He smiled but the expression was grim, his eyes taking on a forlorn look that reminded me of my father's expression whenever I looked at old pictures of mother.

"Yes, I am a human mate...like you."

His words reminded me of the feeling of teeth ripping into my flesh and my hand automatically went to my neck, coming back sticky with half dried blood and puss. My head whirled, fear over taking me.

"Where am I? What happened? Why am I here? Who are you? Is my sister ok? Where is that bastard that bit me?" I started asking with increasing volume.

The young man gave me a warning look, his eyes widening and his eyebrows sinking down.

"Calm down. There is no reason to be so loud." He told me, his eyes quickly darting toward the steel door at the end of the room and then back to me meaningfully. He was sending me a silent message. Our conversation was being monitored by someone outside the door.

 I nodded accepting his warning and his expression quieted.

"My name is Kyrie. Right now you are in the main pack house compound. You passed out after you were claimed and your mate brought you here but since you broke the law you are being held in the lower rooms instead of the upper levels where your mate resides until they sentence you." He began. I scowled, hoping that my sentence would be a long one indeed. If it kept me from the bed of the monster I didn't care if they made me clean up dog shit, eat pickled cow eyes, or clean toilet bowls out with toothbrushes for the rest of my life.

I would do it happily.

Kyrie must have seen my expression because his eyes softened.

"Your sister is fine and I'm sure you will be allowed to see her once the matter is settled. She's staying with a man named Nash. He came himself to deliver the message this morning." 

Tears welled up in my eyes and I almost let out a sob. Oh Nash, thank God for you.

"Your mate is currently up in summons, trying to get you out of your sentence. He will probably be down to see you in a few hours." He continued carefully with a sympathetic look in his eyes which told me that he knew exactly how scared and confused I was.