eight

GEORGIE

I've been hiding in my room for a few days now.

The only thing I leave the place for is to go to the toilet and eat. Therefore, I haven't been spending much time with Louis and he has expressed his concerns about that. Joey started to act normal to me again, we haven't talked about the fight we had and I don't think we will. He's not much of a talker.

When I make my way downstairs, I first check to see if mom isn't around and can breathe again when I see she isn't. I have no strength left to deal with her, I just don't really want to see her anymore which is hard when you live in the same house.

"Goodmorning, I made breakfast." Louis says as I walk into the kitchen.

"Morning." I give him a weak smile.

I sit myself down at the kitchen island and then hear how Joey enters the kitchen, I kinda just ignore him and dig into the fruit salad that Louis made me.

"It's sunday.. which means you're going back to school tomorrow." Joey says as he stands around the island, I see he has his computer with him and just nod softly at his words.

"How do you feel? Excited?" Louis asks.

"So excited, I might kill myself." I say back with a lot of sarcasm in my voice.

Louis rolls his eyes and sighs deeply as Joey is busy with opening his computer and logging into it. I ignore the glare that Louis gives me and just look down at the bowl of fruit that's standing underneath me.

"Have you read your emails yet?" Joey asks me as he looks up from his screen.

"Obviously, I haven't." I tell him.

"Well.. there's an email from school, explaining how there's a uniform rule now."

I give Joey a look but see how he doesn't change the serious expression that's on his face. He's kidding, he must be.. I mean, how would they just all of the sudden decide that?

"Stop fucking with me, Joe."

"I'm not." he says, now turning the computer screen towards me so I can actually read the email.

I furrow my brows and move closer towards the screen, this so I can read the little letters and they in fact tell me that he's not joking. There's an official email, explaining how it is now required to wear a uniform. I can't believe my eyes, I can't believe that they actually decided on that.

"That's just some fucking bullshit, isn't it?"

I hear how Louis has now made his way behind me, he obviously read the email as well and I can only nod in agreement when I hear his words.

"Darling-"

"They're taking away the freedom of being allowed what to wear, these kids won't be able to express themselves anymore and I have some serious issues with that." Louis stops Joey from talking.

"I agree, this is ridiculous. I loved expressing myself through clothing and now that's yet another thing that stupid school is taking from me." I speak up, making Joey sigh deeply.

"Look.. I understand, but you have to follow the rules they make." Joey tells me.

I sigh deeply and place my head in my hands, I can't believe this. I can't believe that somehow school can make my life even worse than it already is, it's like they're doing it on purpose now.

My eyes keep hanging on the words that are on the screen, like I'm waiting for them to turn into other words that will tell me this is all a joke. Louis and Joey start to argue, Joey's mad because he thinks Louis should be on his side and that only gets Louis mad as well. I let them argue and silently eat all the fruit Louis was so kind for me to slice up.