twenty-0ne

GEORGIE

We're going on a field trip.

I totally forgot about the fact that Harry is taking his classes to a book museum, I didn't remember that it was today and so I don't have the permission slip signed.

"We're eighteen anyways, we don't actually need permission from our parents anymore." Elle tells me as we make our way to the bus in the parking lot.

Before Elle can say anything else, she's interrupted by someone yelling out my name. I turn my head, seeing how Niall comes running over towards us. Elle gives me a look and I catch her eyes before looking back in front of me, Niall nearly trips over his own feet in the process but he has finally caught up to us.

"Why don't you losers wait for me?" he asks, catching his breath as he sends us both a glare.

"We didn't even know you would be here." Elle says.

"You didn't reply to my texts.. so I didn't know." I say, looking at how he runs a hand through his hair.

His knuckles are bruised..

An anxious feeling grows in my chest as I notice, why would his knuckles be bruised? I hope he didn't fight again, but even if he would have fought.. why didn't he tell me anything about it? We usually tell eachother everything.

"Niall.." I grab his hand and his face falls down. My thumb softly caresses the bruised spots on his skin as I'm trying to think about how I should approach this.

"It's nothing, I did it to myself." he pulls his hand out of my grip and avoids looking me into my eyes.

I look at Elle and she can tell that I want to speak to Niall alone. "I'm going to get us a place on the bus." she says, I thank her with a smile and then watch her walk away from us.

"It's nothing to worry about, G. I just.. I got into an argument with my father and I needed to get rid of some rage, so I slammed my hand against the wall." Niall explains himself, finally daring to look me back into my eyes.

My mind's telling me not to believe him but I'm also questioning myself why I wouldn't? I mean.. I know Niall and I know it's not always easy for him at home so he's probably telling me the truth. I guess I just have some serious trust issues and so I find it hard to completely believe people.

"It's okay.. know that I'm here for you." I send him a sympathetic smile, reaching out my hand so I can take a hold of him again.

"Thank you." he smiles softly, letting his hand slip into mine. "Can I stay at your place for a bit? My father kind of kicked me out last night, I don't think he actually meant it but I want to show him that I'm not scared and I'll actually sleep somewhere else." Niall talks very fast, probably not wanting to spend much time on this subject, my heart aches for him when I hear his words.

"Hey." I pinch his hand lightly and it makes him look back up into my eyes. "Of course you can." I give him another smile and it makes him smile as well, a lot brighter than before.

Before I know it, he scoops me up into his arms and lifts me off the ground. A squeal leaves my mouth because I didn't expect him to do this at all, I wrap my arms around his neck as a chuckle escapes my lips.

Niall only puts me back down as we're close enough to the bus. I'm still laughing as I run my hands through my hair and pull my skirt back into its place, it has risen a bit in the process of him picking me up.

Some coughs catch my attention, I look in front of me and see that the sound is coming from Harry who's placed next to the entrance of the bus. I feel Niall slip his arm around my shoulder as my eyes keep locked with Harry's green ones, it makes his jaw clench slightly. I don't mind seeing him jealous, he deserves to be after the way he treated me in the days after we hooked up.