thirty-one

GEORGIE

The sun peeks behind the curtains, making a ray of sunlight fall onto my face.

As I turn myself around, intending on catching some more sleep, I get startled by the fact that there's somebody lying besides me. For a moment there, I forgot that I'm sharing a bed with Harry. Yesterday was the first night that he stayed with me in bed, usually he disappears to the couch after sex but he actually cuddled me last night until we were both asleep.

It's a weird turn of events, Harry being able to show me affection and that softer side of him. Doesn't mean that I'm not happy with it. Yesterday, it was like I could feel my heart melt when he took me in his arms and kissed my forehead before we went to sleep.

My eyes move over his appearance, the way his hair is all messy and his lips that are parted slightly as he's breathing heavily. I can't help but smile, he looks so innocent like this and I have never seen him like that before.

I let him sleep for a few more minutes but then get bored and decide to wake him up. I sweep some curls out of his face before I let my finger trace along his nose and his lips. My soft touches make him stir in his sleep but it's not enough to wake him. I decide to move myself forwards, leaning in so I can press some kisses along his jawline. I do so until I see his lips curl up into a smile.

"Good morning to you too." Harry mumbles, his voice low and a bit raspy. I watch as he keeps his eyes closed, too tired to open them as he nuzzles his face deeper in the pillow he's laying on.

"Good morning, congratulations on surviving the night by my side." I tease him, making Harry open his eyes.

"Very funny.." he glares over at me, this before rolling to his other side as he stretches his body.

Harry's back is now faced to me, making my eyes move over his muscled shoulders before moving closer towards him. I wrap an arm and leg around him before resting my head in the crook of his neck, clinging on to him.

"Sleep well?" Harry asks, his hand on my arm as he holds me close to him.

"Yeah.. alright." I mumble, taking in his body heat that's radiating on my skin. "You?" I return the question.

"Could be better, you snore like a grown man." he says, making me gasp at his words and turn him around so I can nudge him on his chest.

Harry chuckles at my reaction, meanwhile I place myself on his lap. My knees dig into the mattress on either side of him, this while I lock my eyes with his green ones. A lazy smirk grows onto Harry's lips as he lets his hands move up my thighs and then rest on my hips.

"Thank you for doing this for me, I appreciate it." I say, referring to the fact that he spent the night in the same bed as me. I know it's not easy for him to be this intimate.

A smile grows onto his lips as a spark flashes through his eyes, it makes me all warm inside. Harry keeps his look on me as his hands roam up under my shirt, the feeling of his fingertips against my skin is enough to make me shiver all over.

"I've got some things planned for us today." Harry says, now removing his hands from my waist and taking hold of mine.

"What are we going to do?" I ask, smiling as I feel the excitement grow in my chest.

"I would say it's a surprise but I know you don't like surprises." he answers me as I interlock my fingers with his.

"True.. I'm only going to be annoyed if I don't know what we're going to do." I say, chuckling softly.

Harry smiles as he catches the look on my face, bringing my hand to his lips so he can press a kiss on my knuckles. "We're going to visit my vineyard and-" I stop him from saying more by gasping and nudging him on the chest.