thirty-two

I am so sorry for disappearing for so long!!!!
Please accept these 💐 as my apology :).

Now.. get ready for this chapter, it's a wild one and I think you'll be rather confused.

However.. as always, I do hope you'll enjoy!

GEORGIE

I'm normally not one to enjoy mornings but I could get used to mornings like these.

Drinking coffee in the garden while soaking up the rising sun, life could be worse. My eyes are resting on Harry, taking in every little detail of his appearance. I still can't believe how handsome he is sometimes, there's not one angle this man has that is bad. He seems sculpted by the gods.

"You're staring again.." Harry mumbles.

His words bring me back to reality, causing a blush to grow on my cheeks. "Sorry, can't help it.." I say with a soft voice which makes Harry chuckle before he reaches over and lets his hand rest on my thigh.

"No need to apologize, I don't mind." he assures me, giving my thigh a soft squeeze.

That guilty feeling rises back into my chest, making it hard for me not to spill out my secret right here and now.

I take his hand and move it up to my face, kissing his knuckles while looking into his eyes. Harry moves his hand so it would cup my cheek, making me close my eyes and lean into his touch.

"I'm gonna head to the bakery, get us some croissants and donuts." Harry smiles at me, making me nod softly.

"Thank you." I smile, turning my head so I could kiss his hand.

When I hear Harry's car drive off the property, I get myself up from the chair I was sitting on and head inside. I get out my phone that Harry kept in his nightstand and browse through the numbers until I end on Joey's.

The secret is that I lied, I lied to everybody.

Yeah.. everybody, which also means you dear reader.

I might be the teenage girl you believed I was, but I'm not as gullible and foolish as I appear to be. Everything I have done with Harry was planned out, a plan that my older brother made when he knew Harry was on to him. Everything worked out great, until I caught feelings.

Well, I'm done with lying and deceiving. From now on I'm only telling the truth.

The phone rings three times before Joey picks up, hearing his voice after so long is weird because I've never gone that long without speaking to him. We've only been communicating through text until now.

"You're calling me?" he questions. "Why?"

"I- uhm.. I can't do this anymore." I admit, biting down on my lip as I hold back my tears.

"It's nearly over, Gee. We're already on our way to Italy." Joey says which makes my heart beat faster as I realize Harry is about to be in so much danger.

"I know, I just-" but before I can even finish my sentence, Joey cuts me off. He tells me that I need to prepare myself for when they're going to arrive in about five hours, then he hangs up the phone.

What I failed to make Joey realize was that I didn't mean I couldn't handle this without him anymore, I meant that I couldn't go on with the plan because I have feelings for Harry.

Once I hear a car door slam shut outside, I have gotten myself ready for the day. I'm seated at the kitchen table, awaiting the confrontation of a lifetime. Because besides the fact I've been lying to Harry, he's also been lying to me and I'm curious to find out about just how much he has been telling lies.