Chapter Seven: The Return

JUDE POV
It's been almost 3 weeks since the incident. It's Monday and I'm really hoping to see Connor even though I know it means he would no longer be gay. I walked to my locker and got my stuff for 1st period. I went to class and saw Connor sitting in his usual desk. He looked up at me for a while before looking back down without even smiling. This was it, this was exactly what I was afraid of. My Connor was not who he used to be. I took my seat and tapped his shoulder. He turned and looked at me. Then looked at the floor and went back to his work.

CONNOR POV
I was finally home. I was back at school with my friends, Jeremy , Kevin, and Jason. Some kid came in 1st hour and looked at me then he sat beside me and tapped me on the shoulder but he didn't say anything. Must be "special" or something. I'd never seen him before so he must be new but we had all the same classes and seemed kind of obsessed with me. It was really weird at lunch he kept looking at me so I got up to go fix the problem.

Connor- dude seriously what is your problem. You keep staring at me and it's weird. I don't know you so stop being all obsessed with me.

Jude- Connor it's me Jude. I'm your bestfriend , maybe even.....

Connor - I DON'T KNOW YOU !

I ran to the office to tell Lena that some kid was stalking me. I got there and she asked what was wrong. I explained everything and when I said the kids name she told me to stop. She looked really confused, she stepped out of the room to make a phone call. When she came back in she asked me a bunch of questions.

Lena- Connor do you remember how long you've been gone from school?

Connor- I haven't missed a day yet.

Lena- ok. Have you ever heard of camp self quest?

Connor- no ? What's that?

Lena- it's a camp where parents send gay kids to get them "fixed."

Connor- oh. Are you gonna do anything about my stalker ?

What she said next was unsettling and made me sick to stomach.

Lena- Connor you've been gone for almost 3 weeks. You were staying at my house with your "stalker" Jude. Who is actually your bestfriend/ boyfriend. Your dad saw you two kiss and he sent you to camp self quest. I made a few calls about their treatments and well they put you through some shock therapy and did some weird things to make you forget the last few months.

Connor- No your lying. No of that ever happened!

LENA POV
Connor ran out of the office. I called his mom and explained everything that happened she said he had ran home and that she was comforting him now.
I went home and sat Jude down to talk to him.

Lena- sweetheart while Connor was away he went through some awful things.

Jude- what do you mean? Is he ok? Why is he pretending not to know me?

Lena- shock therapy and other treatments were used to make him forgot about you and be "straight" again. He may or may not regain his memory.

JUDE POV
Once Lena told me the news I cried for hours. I didn't eat dinner. I cried myself to sleep with same memory playing through my mind over and over again. It was Connor saying more like screaming that he doesn't know me. Each time hurt more than the last and eventually I was in deep sleep.

AUTHOR NOTE
Shock therapy? Poor Connor. Hope you guys are enjoying it. As always feel free to leave me a comment and thanks for reading!
-M. Smith