Chapter Ten: The Cats Out Of The Bag

CONNOR POV
Jude and I laid in the field for quite a while. I finally picked up my phone and the time read 2:38 a.m. I rolled onto my side facing Jude. He did the same. I kissed his forehead and said

Connor- Jude it's almost 3 in the morning we should probably go home.

He nodded. We got up and started walking. He reached for my hand and I let him have it. He was still being quiet and he had a sad look on his face. I wish I knew what he was thinking so I could help him. I know trying to talk to him will only aggravate him so I stay quiet and hold his hand as we walk home.

JUDE POV
When we were walking home I reached for Connors hand. I have it to me and rubbed my hand with his thumb. He didn't try to talk to me or get me to talk and I really liked that. I was having an internal debate. I wanted to trust him and tell him everything. I wanted to tell him who that guy was and what he did. I love Connor and I know I need to tell him but I'm just not ready. Once we got home we took turns taking a shower and I crawled into my bed and Connor laid on the blow up mattress beside my bed. He reached up and grabbed my hand. He squeezed it and said "goodnight jude. I love you." I didn't respond but I knew he knew that I loved him too.

~TIMELAPSE~

CONNOR POV
I woke up and notice Jude was gone. I looked at the clock. 1:23. Crap. Crap. Crap. I'm late. I get up and get dressed and run downstairs. I ran downstairs grabbed some food and kissed Judes forehead. Shit Connor. I think to myself. No one knows we are dating and I just blew it. I look around and notice Mariana and Lena are the only ones there. Thank god.

Jude- um so Mariana, connor and I are-

Mariana interrupted him with a loud squeal and smiled really big.

Mariana- dating? Yes I knew it!!

Connor- uh yea. Anyways I have soccer practice at 1:30 and I have to go. I'll be back around 3.

Jude- ok see you later....... Babe

He smiled and we both laughed a little and I jokingly reply

Connor- don't ever say that again.

I run out the door and get to the soccer field. Coach Wilson is running late so I'm off the hook.

JUDE POV
Connor left in such a hurry, I don't even know if he remembered to breathe. While he's gone I decided to watch some tv. I was flipping through the channels when Mariana and Mom joined me and started talking about telling the family. Not just that I was gay but that I was dating Connor too. I thought it was a pretty good idea so I texted Connor. He didn't respond right away but he got a break from practice and agreed it be a great idea. Lena let everyone know they had to be home for dinner tonight and that there was an announcement. I heard Lena make a few phone calls probably for work. It was about 3:30 and Connor wasn't home yet. I started to get worried so I went to talk with Lena.

LENA POV
Jude came into to talk to me. It's around 3:30 and I figured he was probably worried about Connor and now I'd have to tell him who I was on the phone with earlier.

Jude- uh mom Connor was supposed to be back 30 minutes ago.

Lena- sweet heart sit down. Earlier today I called Connors mother. I told her about you too and the dinner tonight. She said it sounded great. We started talking about you two and I heard yelling coming from her end.

Jude- you don't think that...

Lena- I'm so sorry.

Jude raced out of the room and up to his I walked to his door and heard him crying. I know he likes to be alone when his sad but I go in, give him a hug , wipe his tears and kiss his forehead. He lays back down and quietly leave. My heart breaks for him. His life has been hard enough as it is.

AUTHOR NOTE
Most of you can clue in on what happened and for those of you who can't I guess you'll just have to wait for me to spell it out. As always feel free to leave me a comment and thanks for reading!!
-M. Smith