Chapter Nine: Finding Jude

JUDE POV
Connor and I were walking home happy as ever and then he had to go and bring up some unresolved things. He asked me and I just stood there. I couldn't think straight. I didn't know what to do. So I ran as fast and as far as I could. Connor chased after me but he tripped and I took a few more turns. I was in the woods now. There was a beautiful clearing up ahead. Purple and yellow flowers in the slightly over grown grass. I laid down and let the warm sun hit my pale face. I closed my eyes and just took a breath. I had been holding my breathe for the last few minutes. I stayed in the clearing for the next hour and a half. Clearing my head. I got up to find my phone that I had dropped when I first came to the clearing. 10 missed calls and 12 text messages, all from Connor. I still wasn't ready to face him , I still didn't know what to say so I said nothing I just sat in the clearing. The sun set and the fireflies lit the sky with their yellow green light. The crickets soft song soothed me. I looked at the stars for what seemed like hours. I closed my eyes and felt someone laying beside me. I turned my head and saw Connor in the moonlight.

CONNOR POV
I had been looking for Jude for hours. I ran all over town and I realized he would go somewhere where he could be alone so I started looking in the forest. I saw his green shirt among the purple and yellow flowers. I laid beside him and he looked me. A single tear rolled down his face. I sat up and he did too. I pulled him into a hug. We sat there like that for a few minutes.

Connor- Jude I'm sorry. You don't have to answer I shouldn't have asked.

Jude- you deserve to know but I'm just not ready to talk about it...

Connor- I understand. I love you Jude.

Jude- I love you too.

We laid back down with our hands at our side as close to each other as we could. I rubbed his hand with my pinkie and then he wrapped his fingers with mine. It was quiet and time seemed to stop as the trouble of the world just slipped away.

AUTHOR NOTE
Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to write in a simple and beautiful Jonnor moment. This is my personal favorite of the chapters yet.
As always feel free to leave me a comment and thanks for reading!!!
-M. Smith