Chapter Twelve: Looking Up

JUDE POV
Connor is finally here ! Yay I feel really bad about what he's been going through but I'm so happy he's staying with me and I can't wait to spend time with him. I walked him up and to my room told him that Jesus was bunking with Brandon. He seemed happy in the surface but u could something was bothering him and I'm positive I know what it is. I sit down and motion him to come sit with me.

CONNOR POV
I walked over and sat beside Jude. He didn't say a word he didn't smile and he only made one movement. He put his arm around my shoulder and I rested my end against his neck as the silent tears rolled down my face. He rested his head on top of my and sang to me in a low whisper " it's always darkest before the dawn." The rest of the time we sat he quietly hummed the tune and held me. He knew but I didn't have to tell him he just knew. I loved this side of him. He's so calm and he knew what I am feeling and not forcing me to talk about it. I love him. I sit up and wipe away my tears. I kiss his check and he smiles.

Connor- okay enough of this. Let's do something so fun that the word fun can't even describe it.

Jude- ok and what exactly would that be? Mr. Big idea.

Connor- I don't know yet but let's go to the boardwalk and the fair!

I grab Judes hand and we rush downstairs out the door and to the boardwalk. We played tons of games but my favorite was the bottle toss. I wait and got to choose a prize. I looked all around until I spotted a unicorn. Perfect I though. I pointed and the guy handed it to me. I gave it to jude.

Connor- a unicorn for my judicorn.

Jude- why thank you.

We both smiled and laughed. He pulled me to the ferris wheel line and we stood there for almost 15 minutes but it was worth it to see the look on Judes face when we got to the top. He looked like he had seen a magically land or something.

JUDE POV
We were at the top of the ferris wheel and the view is amazing. The ocean with the ships and lighthouse. The board walk below with the bright lights and tiny people. The Stars oh the stars are the most beautiful thing I be ever seen. It's so magical. I looked over at Connor to see him staring at me.

Jude- Connor look at this view it's amazing.

He didn't move his eyes off of me. He just nodded slightly and said " I know."
We both leaned in and felt the fireworks. This night was the best night of my life.

CONNOR POV
After the Ferris wheel ride we headed home. Walking slowly hand in hand. Giggling and talking. When we got home we both laid in Judes bed talking until he drifted to sleep in my arms. I just know things are starting to look up....

AUTHOR NOTE
Hey sorry I haven't updated in a while I've just been having writers block lately but I think this turned out ok. As always feel free to leave me a comment and thanks for reading!
-M. Smith