4. DNA

I walked into the room and my eyes widened. It was amazing. There were huge windows. On the opposite side of the door. When you walked inside, the floor was wood. There was a double bed in the middle of the room and a white fluffy rug at the end of the bed. The wall went further into the room by the door. It was a walk in wardrobe. Opposite the bed there was a white chest of drawers with a huge tv on top of it.

"Thank you," I said.
"No problem," she said before leaving the room.

I sat on the corner of the bed thinking about what just happened. Tony wasn't gonna believe me. I could tell. I was going to have to go back to the orphanage.

I sighed and put by backpack next to me on the bed. I wasn't gonna bother opening my bags. I was going to have to leave so there was no point.

Tony POV

I stared at the letter in shock. How was this possible. I couldn't understand what was happening. Was Y/n my daughter? I have no idea.

"Stark, what are you going to do?" Steve asked.
"I don't know" I replied.
"That's unusual" Rhodey said from the corner.

Just then Wanda walked back into the room. "Y/n is in the guest bedroom, you should've seen her face when she walked in there" she reported.

"Well she'd better not get used to it" I said.
"Why not?" Romanoff asked.
"Well we can't prove who she is, for all we know she could be a threat" I explained.
"Well there's one way we could work out who Y/n really is," Bruce piped up from the corner.

Everyone stopped and stared at him.
"It's quite simple actually, we could do a DNA test on y/n. We can find the truth from that" he explained.

"That's not a bad idea you know," Natasha responded.
"No it's not, but if Stark is right and the girl is a threat then she might not want to co-operate" Steve answered.
"Well there's only one way to find out," Wanda answered.

Everyone stared at Wanda confused.

"Really? We just go talk to her. She might have more information and if we get her to trust us she might do the test" Wanda explained.
"Good idea" I pointed out. "I'll go talk to her, Bruce get the DNA tests ready just in-case" I instructed before leaving the room.

Y/n POV

I sat in the room staring at my reflection in the wardrobe mirror. Just then Tony Stark walked into the room.
"Hi," I said.
"Hi Y/n" he said. "I need to talk to you about something"
"Do I need to leave? I'll go right away if that's the case" I said.
"No, it's ok, do you know anything else about your mother and her letter about me?" He asked.
"No, I was just packing up the house, uhm... and I found this letter in a shoebox , there were also these," I said handing him the photos, pregnancy test and my birth certificate.

He took them and stared at them in shock.
"Well Y/n, would you like to find out if this is all real?" He asked me.
"Yeah, I would...but how exactly?" I asked puzzled.

"DNA tests." Tony just said. I processed the information. Did I want to go through with this? What if Tony wasn't my dad. But then, what if he was...What if he was and we had proof of it? After giving it i good thought, I decided

"Sure, I'll do the test" I said.

"Excellent!" He said. He stood up and I followed suit. We walked out of the guest room and downstairs to the main room where I'd walked in. We walked to the opposite side of the room and down a set of small wooden steps.

There was a clear door standing in-front of us. Tony pulled the door open and I we walked in.

This room was the lab. It was incredible. There was so much modern tech. You could see all the projects displayed around the room. Along the back wall were all the different IronMan suits on display.
"Wow" I breathed.
"Pretty cool huh?" He asked me. "Oh Bruce, have you got the tests ready?" He asked.
"Yes Tony, just right over here," Bruce explained.
"C'mon Y/n" he said and I followed him over.

There was a table in the room with a tv hanging over it. It had all different diagrams on it. On the table sat two cotton swabs and two test sticks that reminded me of pregnancy tests.
"Tony, you'll have to do the DNA test as-well as Y/n, this way the results will be accurate" Bruce explained.

We both sat down on the two chairs opposite the tv. Bruce was sat in-front of it facing us.
"Ok, what you have to do is rub the cotton swab in your cheeks and then place it gently on the liquid on the test result sticks. We should be able to get the results between 30mins-1 hour" Bruce explained.
"Ok," I said understanding what we had to do.
"Ok, start when your ready," he said.

I picked up the cotton swab and put it in my mouth. It felt weird but I ignored it. Once I had rubbed both cheeks I grabbed a test stick and put slowly rubbed the swab on it.

"Ok, your both done, I will sterilise the tests and give you the results when they're ready." Bruce said.

"Ok Y/n, why don't you go find Wanda and Natasha while I talk to Bruce for a second" he said.
"O...k but I don't know who they are" I explained.
"Ok, Wanda is the girl who took you to the guest room. Nat will be with her. I can guarantee it" Tony said. I nodded and then left the lab and walked up the stairs.

I walked into the meeting room where I had seen them before and low and behold two girls were there. Wanda was the one I recognised. She was sat with a woman with curly ginger hair. I remembered her now, she was the one who waved at me.
"Hey sweetie," Wanda said.
"Hey, Am I interrupting something? It's just Mr Stark told me to come and find you" I explained.
"No, it's fine, I'm Natasha," The girl said. "This is Wanda as you already know" she explained.
"Hi, I'm Y/n" I said.
"Come and sit down," Wanda said and so I joined them.