5. Waiting

"So, how did you find out about the letter?" Nat asked me.
"Uhm...well I found it yesterday actually, my mum, well...she'd died the day before and well.." I started.
"Oh, I had no idea...I'm so sorry Y/n" Wanda said.
"It's ok, Anyways I was just packing up the house, I had to get rid of most of my stuff, I had got a letter from the orphanage where I lived, in Oxford, that I had a place in foster care since there were no known relatives I could stay with. I was just getting the boxes from the attic. I was checking all of them to see if they were empty and I found a shoebox on one of them. It said 'for y/n when she's old enough'. I was curious so I opened it and there was the letter" I explained. I stopped there, they were probably bored of my story.
"We're not bored, continue" Wanda said.
"How did I know you thought that you were bored?" I asked.
"I can read minds," she answered.
"Oh wow that's so cool!" I said.
"Ok, so what happened next?" Nat asked.

I told them all of what had happened with me booking the tickets and flying out to New York.
"Wow," Nat said.
"Yeah, it's kinda crazy," I said.

Just then someone walked in the room, I turned around. Tony was stood at the end of the table.
"So you found the girls," he said.
"Yeah," I answered.
"Y/n was just telling us about how she found the letter," Wanda said to Tony.
"Yeah I heard, I couldn't help but hear you outside the door," Tony said. "I didn't realise your mother had died, I'm sorry about that Y/n," he said.
"It's ok, I just miss her. I knew she was in hospital ill, however I didn't know how ill" I explained.
"Anyways, I wanted to let you know that Bruce has nearly got the results for the DNA test" He told me.

I nodded and sunk into my seat. "How long until we get the results?" I asked.
"About an hour, it's taken longer than expected" Tony answered. "However in the meantime, Is anyone hungry?" He said making the last bit louder so everyone heard him.

I couldn't tell if I was hungry or not. Even though I had ate in the plane, I had only ate a bit of the main meal and the bread roll which I knew wasn't much.

"I could go for some food," Nat said.
"Me too," Wanda agreed.
"Anyone else?" Tony asked louder.
"Yeah Stark, we'll have something," a man said from the other room.
"Ok, you Thor, Sam, Rodney, Bucky, Pietro and Clint?" Tony asked.
"Yes," the guy answered.
"What about you Y/n?" Tony asked.
"Uhm...I mean I did eat on the plane but-" I started.
"I'll get you something aswell, Plane food it crap," Tony said.
"What does everyone fancy?" Tony asked.
"What about Shwarma?" Someone said from the other room.
"Yeah that place is nice," another voice said from the other room.
"Shalom Grill?" I asked.
"How do you know what it's called?" Tony asked.
"I walked past it on my way here," I explained.

Tony took our orders. I didn't know what to get so he decided to get me something he thought I'd like. Then he walked down to the lab to ask Bruce what he wanted.

When he came back up, he left through the elevator door.
"Why don't we go introduce you to the others?" Nat asked Wanda and me.
"Sure," I said and followed them into the other room.

There were six men. One of the two blonde men came up to me.
"Hello, I'm Steve, you must be y/n," he said.
"Yeah, nice to meet you," I said.
"Hello Midgurdian," A guy short brown hair said.
"Hi," I said nervously.
"That's Thor," Wanda explained and I nodded.

I was introduced to Bucky, Clint, Rodney, Vision (a robot), Pietro and Sam. They were all watching something on the tv but I couldn't work out what it was.

About 20 minutes later, Tony came back carrying two large take-away bags. He went of to the left of the room and I couldn't see him.
"C'mon y/n" Wanda said kindly taking my hand.

I followed everyone into a room. There was a long table in the middle with a lot of chairs around it. I sat down on a chair and was soon joined by Nat and Thor.

A woman with ginger hair and a fringe joined Tony as he entered the dining room .
"Y/n, this is Pepper, my wife," He told me.
"Nice to meet you," I said.
"Nice to meet you too..y/n," she said nervously.

"Where's Morgan?" Steve asked changing the subject.
"In bed, she was exhausted," Pepper explained.

They both sat down and everyone began to tuck in. I took a few bits of meat and some salad and put it on my plate.
"Where's Bruce?" Clint asked.
"He's working in the lab but he told us to save some food for him," Tony explained.

It was silent around the table for the rest of the meal which was a bit awkward. I was just helping myself to a bit more meat when Bruce burst in the room.

"Tony, we have a problem," he said.