(2) Unexpected Love

'Your darkness lured me, seducing me like a leaf in the wind. I thought I could escape it by leaving, but even in the light you tempted me.'

(Warning- Slight abuse and Slurs shown)

~Jimin's POV~

"Where is it?" My fathers voice rings in my ear, making bile rise in my throat as I realize he's referring to the leftover money I was supposed to have. I hadn't expected to be confronted so early, but he had unfortunately already been on the doorstep waiting for me.

I nervous scratch my neck. "U-Um well.. funny story-"

"I ask you to do one thing Jimin. One fucking thing, and you can't even do that." He says in a deathly calm tone, glaring at me as tears start to sting my eyes. The waterworks don't seem to faze him though, they never do.

I frantically start trying to explain. "Father it wasn't my fault.. I-I tried to get it, b-"

"But you didn't. I bet you spent it on yourself just because you could, thinking that we wouldn't notice the missing money!" He starts to raise his voice, making me flinch slightly as he walks towards me. My mother only watches, not daring to say a word of protest as she sees what this is leading up to.

"Father, I'm sorry-"

I'm cut off as my head whips to the side, a familiar stinging on my eye as I hold it. Tears are already streaming down my face from the impact, I can tell it'll bruise by the way it tingles under the skin, feeling like little needles on the side of my face.

"This is the last time something like this happens Jimin. I don't want people from the church looking at us differently if you end up making one of you little 'mistakes' in front of them. My children must be ideal, unless you want to go in one of those camps I've heard so much about?" He says, smirking as he sees my face pale in fear.

'No..' My mind screams, making me remember the horrific images I saw of those camps when I was little. They always used them as an example of severe punishment in our church.

"N-No please father, I'll be better- I'll do better." I beg, tears continuing to stream my face as I look at him. His jaw clenches as he glances at me, looking down upon me as if I was nothing more than a pest.

"It won't happen again sir." I finish, relaxing slightly when he finally seems content with my answer.

"Hmm.. Good boy, now go to your room, maybe read over a few passages the church has given you before dinner." He suggest, walking towards the table as if nothing happened.

It always scared me how little he seemed affected by the actions he inflicted.

"And stop crying, your starting to look like one of those sensitive fags." He finishes, opening back up his newspaper as he hears me leave the room.

My lip wobbles as I walk up the stairs, clenching the rail as if to distract me from the pain of the hit. I see Lisa at the top of the steps, looking at me with a sad expression as I refuse eye contact.

"Go back to your room Lisa, it's okay.. I'm fine." I whisper, giving her a small smile as I try to convince her, attempting to keep her blinded from the right side of my face where the mark lays.

Her frown only deepens.

"Come on Min, let me see." She asks softly, grabbing my hand and taking me to the bathroom for better lighting. I let the tears fall freely on my flushed cheeks, finding no point in hiding it from her now.