(14) Soft Spots

A/N- (DID YALL SEE THE SET ME FREE PT 2 TEASER? This man abt to save the whole industry I stg.)

|Short Chapter|

I know you fear your to broken to be loved, but your not. I know you think I'm too good for you, but I'm not. I know you think we we were doomed from the beginning, but we weren't. I know you think we are not destined, but we are.

Author's POV~

"My brother seems to have a soft spot." Jennie notes as her and Lisa lay on wet grass, both of the girls gazing at their brothers from afar, still swimming while the boys seem to be in their own little world.

"I wouldn't think your brother could have a soft spot for anyone." Lisa immediately comments, her eyes contradicting her words as she notes the way Jungkook has Jimin wrapped around his back, and the way her brother laughs at something the raven says.

She couldn't remember the last time Jimin seemed so happy.

Jimin was always happy in the way he always radiated warmth and had a big smile on his face, but she could tell deep down he wasn't content.

Until now at least.

"I didn't think so either. God knows the last time I've seen Jungkook not be an asshole to someone,  much less actually go out of his way to be nice." Jennie says, smirking when she thinks of the reason most likely why.

Lisa looks at her with question in her brown eyes. "Why is Jungkook like that? Cold- I mean. No offense, but his aura isn't very welcoming." She comments, knowing Jungkook was a slightly sensitive topic to Jennie.

"Jungkook doesn't like many people." Jennie says after a moment. "And honestly, the people he does like he tends to make himself a mystery to." She continues, biting her lip as she continues to look at the boys.

Jennie had told Lisa about her father, but she had never really went into depth about what took place during her childhood.

"Look, don't tell Jimin about what I'm about to say. I'm only telling you this because I trust you." Jennie says, holding Lisa's hand as the blonde nods her head in concern.

She sighs before continuing. "So I told you how my dad was a pretty shitty father right?" She asks, Lisa immediately nodding her head in answer. "Okay well when I say he was shitty, I mean he was shitty." She emphasizes.

"He was abusive Lisa, and I don't mean just in a emotional, slap you around here and there kinda way. I mean he literally beat the shit out of you till you were on the ground." Jennie says, continuing when Lisa looks at her with wide eyes.

"Basically when we were kids my mom and Jungkook were very close, and since we were very young back then we didn't know that my dad was hitting her." Jennie pauses.

"When my mother died my father needed someone else to hit, and since Jungkook was a boy he was the first pick." The raven states, her eyes darkening when she sees Lisa start to put the pieces together.

"I wanted it to be me, I begged and begged for Jungkook to let me take his place just once, but he wouldn't let me." Jennie whispers, the crack in her voice cracking being her only sign of emotion in the matter.