(18) The Harsh Reality

You can love someone with all your being and still know that they are better off without you.

~Author's POV~

"D-Do you have to leave?" Jimin asks softly, tugging the bottom of Jungkook's shirt as they stop in front of the towns gate.

The sun was already setting, and yet the thought of leaving made Jimin's heart clench. After the events from earlier, Jungkook had brought him more comfort than anything.

Jimin didn't want the elder to go..

The ravens eyes soften at the sight, grabbing the back of the boys head so he can press Jimin's face to his chest one last time. It was a side Jennie had so rarely seen from her brother, and yet it made her want to smile for him.

"You know I can't go into the town sweetheart." The raven says softly, and Jimin can only nod his head as the truth hangs in the air.

If Jimin's father wasn't mad about him staying out past dinner, he would definitely be mad about the boy walking with one of the outsiders.

And such a dangerous looking one at that..

"Father will be angry if we don't get home soon Min." Lisa reminds him, and Jimin frowns at that, wrapping his arms around the elder one last time before separating and looking up at him with sad eyes.

"I wish I could stay with you." The boy whispers, and Jungkook can only stroke the small boys hair at that, eyes guilty as Jimin's blue eye hold a sad look.

He looked so scared.

"I'll see you tomorrow Blondie, alright?" Jungkook tries to offer, forcing a signature smirk so the blonde feels better about the words.

They both knew it was a coin toss if Jimin would actually be able to see Jungkook though..

"Yeah okay.. Bye Kookie." Jimin say hesitantly, forcing a bright smile on his face as he turns away and starts to dreadfully walk towards the town to face his father.

Lisa looks at her brother in pity, and slowly turns to Jungkook.

"Father gets angry at him if he's out past 7." Lisa says suddenly, and both Jennie and Jungkook furrow their brows.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asks, and the blonde bites her lip.

"Taehyungs busy so he can't be there, but it would really help if Jimin had a friend." The girl says with sad eyes, watching as Jungkook still seems to not understand the meaning.

"I don't understan-

"He leaves his window unlocked at night. Town curfew is at ten, so if you go after that no one should see you." Is all she says before giving one last pleading look and chasing after Jimin.

Jungkook watches as both blondes disappear behind the church, Lisa rubbing Jimin's back as if she was comforting him about something.

Jennie and Jungkook share a look.

"What do you think she means?" Jungkook asks, and Jennie only shrugs in response.