Chapter I

Julia

I was sitting in the chair going through all the papers which needed my father's signature as an approval but I was just sitting, not actually going through the papers. My mind was a mess of tangled bushes were it was a hard guess to find even a little flower inside it. Of all the men out there at gala yesterday, my not so smart eyes had to fall on him.

Not only just fall on him but I had to be a fool to go near him as an escape, but fuck my luck because when I decided to use him as an escape I got trapped in those rich brown eyes. I just wanted to show Ivanshov that I was least bothered by his statements and don't do what some random stupid men tell me to do.

But when to prove my point my eyes landed on the prince of the Italian mafia, I knew that to save myself from one cliff I straight away slipped down a valley of rich brown eyes and that shade of brown had made sure there was no escape for me.

Xavier Romano was a walking catastrophe among men in a most handsome manner. His long clad muscular physique inside that black three piece suit, with olive brown skin, thick eyebrows, long but thin and perfectly aligned nose, subtle and hard jaw, with shallow cheek but cheek bones sharp and contoured enough to slice out my heart that was on my sleeve the very previous night, the perfect shadow on his face made by the facial hair and the moustache in the perfect ratio to the amount of facial hair and those lips, making the female population re-think their choices about men.

The lips I had mine on, which made me lose my sanity the very moment I had them on mine. I may or may not have kissed a few men here and there in my life to this date, but the kiss I had with Xavier cancels all the previous ones. I was thinking that a kiss to a stranger would have just gone as easy as a dare given while one plays some stupid game of truth or dare as a game while drinking, but fuck me as I was so fucking wrong.

Romano was something cursed and yet something so powerful, something I secretly want but can't have. It's a sin to even think about having to see him again as the world he lives in is dangerous, if not for me but for sure it was for people who are around me, who know me, who are closer ones and dear ones to me, even a few of them but still I had them,

My initial plan was to show Ivanshov and family that I cannot marry their son- Russell, and for that I would've gone any heights. So to fuel the false rumours I just had to find a stranger who can symbolise that I hooked up with him, even if I didn't or even if had no plans going near any men, let alone have them touch me.

The plan was about to blow up when little Ivanshov or should I say Damien Ivanshov started with all that marriage proposal crap and nonsense rumours he had heard and was willing to dissolve them before I am handed to his brother on silver palate. To run from him, I leave him stranded in the midst of the gala before he can open his mouth and straight away ran out.

He was following me and I was lagging in terms of implementing my plans, so I went near the first man I saw and just asked him to kiss me and he was so utterly confused that solving his confusion could've cost me more, so I just kissed him but when the kiss was returned back, something else was being poured in it and before I can pull out of it, it was late to late as I was left for wanting more.

My twin brother Jeremiah- don't know what my father was thinking while naming him- but he prefers to go by Jeremy, so yeah Jeremy told me Xavier Romano was the best person to use as an escort for escaping the Ivanshov, but what he didn't tell me was that I could land in trouble with the handsome specimen and the same happened.

There is an inner voice of me who wants to see Romano one more time but when I discovered that I had a midnight lip-lock with the crowned prince of Italian mafia, my own voice told me to back off. Because mafia people may live and rule like some fucking Hitler or Alexander or Napolean or whatever but the cost they pay sometimes leaves a huge hole in the heart and is only filled by one's own death.