Chapter XVI

Xavier

My men were taking the lead, Lawrence was having a difficult time managing the damage caused by our people but the worse part was that it was taking longer than necessary to wipe out the mess. The day was not passing quickly and hours had been passed yet they keep coming and I was close on losing the last of my control before I'd burst out in anger.

For fuck's sake, my wife was in labour !

The thought of Julia going to hospital alone was eating my nerves. As much as I wanted to accompany her, she was correct, I was needed here and henceforth we were closer to victory. Though Carlos was missing.

It was the storm inside my mind about the little one. I wish I could just drop everything and rush to my wife and my little one. I wonder whether I was having a boy or a girl.

I was standing on the mansion ground, Lawrence's little rats down on the floor, defeated and injured. My men were rushing and clearing the area of the mansion to searching for the rats. A car crashes through the iron gate of mansion and it looked like the car went through hell. The door falls on the floor, breaks and Elliot steps out of it with blood dripping from the side of his head. Two of my men and I rush to him when he collapses on the floor. I wrap my arms around his shoulders before his body could hit his head to the ground. He coughs, "Lawrence's men were chasing me so it took time."

"what happened, Elliot?"

"boss, Donna is calling you. Your baby didn't make it. Donna said the baby wasn't breathing."

All the blood drains down my body; I could hear my heart crack, burst and fall down to my ankles. It was like a shovel pushed past my ribcage to pluck my heart out. My mind goes black, eyes wide in horror when Elliot nods once, "go to her, she needs you."

My little one didn't make it! Julia, Julia needs me!

Clearing my throat, I order my men to take Elliot inside and was about to sprint to garage when another car crashes in. From distance I could make out that it didn't belong to us. But the moment the person step out of the car, my heart was ready to be picked up in some dustpan and throw it in some fucking trash.

Julia was standing there with a horrified expression on her face. I run towards her but halt mid-way when Carlos steps out and stands behind her, pointing a gun to her head. My fist clenches and jaw grits in anger. He has some fucking nerve to threaten my woman. Brother or not he was going to pay for this.

David and Arthur Lawrence step out of the car as well. "looking for Julia, Xavier?" comes Carlos' voice. He had a smug smile on his face and the fucking Lawrence were smirking. Carlos nods his head a few times in Julia's direction, "too bad, your bastard didn't make it. A task less for us."

My demeanour was about to crack when my eyes goes to Julia whose eyes said it. The look of grief, misery and her eyes were downcast. So, it was true then, my little one didn't make it. I blink once, trying to stop myself from that pathetic feeing of gloominess take over me. No, I am not just going to lose it yet. I need to hear it from Julia, but her eyes, her eyes said it, loud and clear.

"well, at least the burden of killing your bastard is gone, isn't it?" says Arthur while he walks towards me. My anger was spiking, hearing every single word coming out from the mouths of these filthy bastards about my little one. Arthur's eyes meet mine and without breaking eye contact he says, "what was it, Carlos, a boy or a girl?"

Carlos replies in a nonchalant manner, "I don't know." Arthur presses his lips and tsks ,"too bad, if it were to be a girl, I'd take her with me and make her my slave." And without wasting a second I punch him square in his jaw with all the force I could assemble. He trips down on the floor holding his jaw.