Next To You

September 13, 2022

Lira sat outside in the backyard as she watched the sun begin its descent. It was 6:40 and Dean had already called to say he would be home late. She sighed as she stared off. Her mind on her son. She missed him so fucking much. It had been a year. A year since the worst day of her life. Her son was almost 4 years old when he was snatched from her arms. She did everything to get him back just to be labeled as an unfit mother because she refused to snitch. It didn't make it any better after examining the child, they found a tender area on his arm from being snatched up by Redd.

She tried to explain how she was trying to get away. Trying to achieve a better life for the both of them but no one was hearing it after the evidence of drugs was presented to the courts. She never did any but she kept her son around someone who did. So where did that leave her? Crying as her jank ass lawyer repeatedly told her it was a lose lose case. She shook her head hearing the back door opening. "What are you doing out here Minx?" She heard voiced, Dean startling her as she looked down at her phone for the time.

"Just enjoying the sunset and thinking Master. Is there something I could do for you?" "Not right now. What is on your mind?" "Honestly? I'm scared about messing up." "Here?" "Yes and with the Collins. I don't want to jeopardize anything. I'm extremely grateful for all the opportunities you've given me Master Dean," Dean smirked. This journey had just begun and she was already showing gratitude. "You're doing very well here Minx. The Collins might be joining us on our trip to Jersey. Maybe seeing them on a normal level will ease your fears. I will warn you. If you cross that line again I have no problem letting Derrick punish you as he sees fit. I suggest you go talk to Courtney about how Derrick punishes."

Lira swallowed hard. If she didn't know any better she would think that Derrick was harder than Dean. Maybe he was in certain circumstances. "Yes Master Dean." "Dinner is being made. You can chill out here until then. After dinner, prepare for dessert. You, Deja, and Alicia." Standing up, Lira gave Dean a kiss on his cheek before addressing him correctly. She watched him walk inside before she grabbed her ringing phone. "An inmate at Eastern State Penitentiary-" "I accept," she interrupted. "Hello?" Her face scrunched at the voice. "Robert?" "Nah Lili. It's Redd baby," he said, his voice raspy.

"I thought you were in max! What are you doing getting in trouble anyways!?" "They planted a damn shiv on me. I ain't do shit. Somebody set me up." Lira let out a few breaths. "Redd what if ..... HE .......did it?" "Why you say that?" "Because....... look I know he got this sob story but I don't think it's true. I met the wife.  She's not like what he said." "You met her?" "Yeah. She's not a whore. She's really sweet and she definitely isn't giving me dingy vibes. Not brainwashed and not kidnapped."

"How do you know this?" "She offered me a job. She needs an assistant because as much as she's got her own thing going, she seriously loves her new man. I'm starting to think-" "Lili it don't matter what you think. You supposed to get her ass away from whoever the nigga is and keep eyes on her. That's it. That's your only job. Clearly this crazy ass bitch got some pull and so far I'm stuck alright? Stop running your mouth and get what he needs so we can move on from this shit. That nigga send some money to you yet?" "No. Why am I reporting to him if he not paying for this work?"

"I'll handle that. You focus on what you need to do." "I might be breaking up a happy home Redd....... what if he gets mad at me? Who going to protect me?" "Get dude to protect you. You good about making niggas fall for you. Make him want to fight his own friend for you. Don't fuck this up. I need this meeting with Stone. Once I'm out you can jet." Lira just held the phone with a disheartened look on her face. "Okay," she spoke softly. "How much this broad paying you?" "I'm supposed to discuss that with her the next time we see each other." "Alright cool. In the meantime imma get on this mothafucka ass. When the money get in your hands put some on my books. Tired of doing this barter shit."