You're my Latest, My Greatest Inspiration

*unedited but vote and comment lovelies*

Melinda groaned loudly as she continued to pack for the next tour. She was leaving in 48 hours yet her child decided it wasn't fair for her to leave. For the last 4 hours, Saniyah was either jumping up and down while screaming her lungs out or throwing Mel's things on the floor. She glared at her frustrating child. A thought popped into her head......... they were really about to have another one of these monsters. "No mommy! Don't gooooo!!!" Saniyah started up again. "Baby I'm going to be gone for 9 sleeps then you can come visit me. Can you count to 9 for me?" Niyah shook her head, she tossed her head back as the tears just drizzled down her face. "Ugh where's your daddy?" Mel murmured as she scooped her child up and walked out the room.

Following the music, she headed to the gym. It only seemed logical that he was hitting the weights since all she could hear was Pop Smoke's Dior blaring through the speakers. Yet Niyah's cries were still overhead. Putting the two 55 pound dumbbells down, Derrick sat up. His chest heaved as he looked at his hollering child. Mel's mouth watered at the sight. Her man was too fucking delicious. Who would've thought this was her life? Having a man as fine as Derrick was something women dreamed about and here she was enjoying the shirtless sights. She let him grab a towel and wipe the sweat off his body before handing over their child. "Whoa wait a minute-"

"No. I have to pack. She's throwing a tantrum and my clothes because I'm leaving without her for a bit. I can't deal right now. I gotta finish. Please," she rushed out as nicely as she could. Derrick narrowed his eyes then agreed. He could finish his workout later. Mel walked back out while he grabbed the remote to his speakers. Once the music was off, he turned his attention to Niyah. "Hey hey hey. Saniyah....." He lowly called out. Her eyes met his but she kept crying. "Do you need to get this out?" She nodded as her hands brushed her tears across her face. "Alright. I'll let you get all yours tears out." Doing just that, he sat patiently while she finished purging.

When he heard the sniffles and felt the body shudders, he gave her his full attention. "Now what's wrong?" "Mommy leave," her little voice said. "Mommy is leaving but she's not gone yet. You have 2 more sleeps. But even though mommy has to leave doesn't mean we throw her things or start a screaming match does it?" "No sir," she poked her bottom lip out. The quivering holding another set of tears back from flowing. "You're going to miss mommy right?" She nodded again. "I'm going to miss her too. How about instead of giving her a hard time, we go help mommy pack what she needs then we can have fun until she has to leave? Will that help you feel better?" She wrapped her arms around her neck, her little head nodding once more.

Standing up, he headed upstairs. He'd clean the gym later. Seeing Mel picking up the last of the clothes Niyah tossed and hid, Derrick put the child on her own feet. She already knew what was expected of her, especially after she threw a tantrum. In her mind, knowing you had to apologize was the downside to being a smart and understanding girl. "I'm sorry mommy," her tiny voice spoke up with a hiccup. Mel's head cocked to the side as she gave a soft smile. Squatting down she held her arms open, giving Derrick the opportunity to sneak off to the shower real quick. "I forgive you. I know you don't like when I leave mamas. Throwing tantrums and acting up like that takes up more of my time so I can't spend extra time with you before I go. We could be playing right now but I have clean up and pack again."

"I help you." "You're going to be a big girl and help me now?" "Yes." "Okay come on. Let's go get mommy some shoes out of the closet." Niyah flung to Mel's side, pointing at the shoes she liked most. By the time they picked out everything, Derrick was out of the shower. By the time he was dressed, they put the last item in Mel's luggage. He gave her a kiss before taking her luggage downstairs. Rushing back up, he caught his girls laying in the bed as they watched Black Panther. Climbing in, Derrick laid behind Mel. His hand resting on her growing bump. It felt small but Derrick knew she was growing pretty quickly. She was smaller and more fit when he knocked her up this time than she was when she got pregnant with Niyah. If she was the same size, she'd be crying everyday about how the baby was already swallowing her whole.