09

────────────────────────────

( nine, way home. )

────────────────────────────

mitsuba sousuke rubbed both of his hands together, attempting to warm it. afterward, he brought his icy cold hands near his mouth as he blew on it. he curses under his breath, thinking why did he even forget to bring his gloves, especially now that it's december, and the cold weather was starting to feel unbearable. he let out a sigh and eyed the breath he let out that was now visible due to the cold weather. he grabbed his bag and wore it over his shoulder, then he clenched both of his fists as he placed it inside his jacket's pocket. though his hand still felt cold, it's better than nothing.

he grabbed the piece of his hair that was slightly blocking his left eye's vision then put it behind his ear. he was the only one left in the classroom since he had to do a pending activity (which he had forgotten) that was due today. he looked around the room before he finally walked to the exit.

as he exited, he gently closed the door behind him. he was about to walk away — go to where the stairs are when the corner of his eyes took notice of a hint of a (familiar) yellow shade. he didn't pay much attention to it and continued to where he was going until a thought came to his mind that made him take a double look. he turned around, only to find a familiar blonde (whom he's been seeing a lot these days) sitting on the cold wooden floor, a book in his hand, and in the other is a mechanical pencil. he looks quite busy with whatever he was doing, although he has a constipated look on his face.

mitsuba scratched the back of his neck as he took a quick glance around him. he sighed, as he sat on the floor beside the blonde.

kou quickly took notice of it. he slightly flinched but beamed at the sight of his favorite pink head. he immediately brought down his hands that were holding the book and pencil. "mitsuba!" he grinned.

mitsuba didn't bat an eye. he leaned on the wall, eyeing the big windows in front of them. "what are you doing?" he asked in a monotone voice.

"i was waiting for you," kou answered, awkwardly scratching his cheek with a finger. "but i noticed you were doing something, and i didn't want to disturb you... so i decided to do something random while waiting" he explained, looking back to the things he's holding.

"i see" mitsuba answered, looking at the side in which the blonde can't be seen in any corner. "the floor must've been cold."

kou stared at the back of mitsuba's pink hair, the corners of his lips slowly forming into a smile. "it doesn't matter, i'm feeling warm right now" he said, letting out a small and short chuckle.

mitsuba brought his legs near his face and hugged himself. he turned back to blonde and buried half his face in his arms. he can feel his own eyelashes tickling his arms, a hint of flush can be slightly seen on his cheeks. "i guess it can also be quite warm at the beginning of winter."