06

────────────────────────────

(   six, spring breeze. )

────────────────────────────

to him, meeting mitsuba was something like a turning point in his life — somehow, despite only seeing and meeting him inside his dreams, the pink head still managed to change the blonde's life. there was something he can look forward to, and feel excited about all the time. he found something that he can call "happiness". at the back of his mind, he always knew that someday the pink head would be gone — that he would disappear into his dreams and never show up again, but he didn't expect it to be that soon. for some time, he always thought that mitsuba would be by his side for a much longer time, but apparently not.

it was quite sad — upsetting, but that's life. you eventually learn to accept and move on, then afterward, you forget things, and would tend to only remember them occasionally. minamoto kou is now in the process of accepting. he thought again and again that no matter how much he wanted to see mitsuba again, he can't do anything about it — it's beyond his control.

the blonde was climbing up the school's stairs when he felt an arm on his shoulder. he looked over his side, only to find a wide-eyed yokoo looking at him. "what?" kou questioned.

"good morning to you too," yokoo greeted. patting kou using the arm that was around the blonde's shoulder. "you look well today" he added, smiling at kou.

"what do you mean?" kou raised an eyebrow. "did i not look good yesterday?"

"i guess you're no longer crying over that rejection" yokoo said, failing to answer the blonde's question.

kou groaned, removing yokoo's arm on his shoulder. "what do you mean rejection, huh?"

yokoo blinked. "didn't you get rejected like days ago?"

"what are you talking about? are you still dreaming?" kou furrowed his eyebrows.

"i'm not" yokoo answered, shaking his head. "satou, wasn't kou rejected days ago?"

"satou?" kou questioned. then, he felt a hand on his shoulder again. he flinched, then turned to see whose hand was it.

kou was greeted by the sight of satou, who then removed his hand from kou's shoulder. "yo" satou greeted, holding up his hand.

"since when were you there?" kou questioned. "i almost thought yokoo's hallucinating when he said your name."

"since the beginning" satou answered. "and... yeah, didn't you get rejected?" satou also asked, raising an eyebrow.

kou rolled his eyes as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. "i did not," he answered. "where did you guys even get that idea?"

"well, for starters, you had the look of every heartbroken man i see" satou replied.