15

────────────────────────────

(  part fifteen, a turning point

part fifteen, a turning point. )

────────────────────────────

it was a pure shock for mitsuba sousuke to see a person he had almost forgotten to appear in his dreams. this person is a boy he met back in his first year of middle school, the one who he thought would be one of the supposed friends he makes during that year and the one who goes by the name of minamoto kou.

it's been a long time since he had last thought about him. sure, he had seen his former classmate inside the school ground from time to time, but it was never enough to spend minutes after minutes thinking about him. when mitsuba stumbled across him, he'd just thought, "oh, minamoto-kun," then brush that thought away, trying not to fall into the much depressing thoughts that revolve around his envy of being around such lively people who are labeled as "friends."

mitsuba doesn't have the slightest clue why minamoto kou was now standing in front of him inside his dream. he was just there, staring at him, feeling them go past through him — was he invincible, perhaps? still, he reassured himself that dreaming about someone you just know is normal, and that's what currently is happening. he just couldn't help but wonder why the minamoto boy out of all the people there is?

without having any idea what to do then, he could only stare back at the figure in front of him. kou looked very much lifeless at the moment, there were no movements — hell, mitsuba can't even tell whether the boy was even breathing, to begin with.

swallowing the emptiness in his throat, he forced himself to take a step forward toward the blonde. but as he was about to do so, mitsuba's eyes suddenly opened, revealing the pure white floor of wherever they are. unconsciously, he released a sharp breath before he brought both his head to their neutral position. just like earlier, minamoto kou stood in front of him, but only this time, his eyes didn't seem lifeless — in fact, they had a particular shine in them.

no actions were initiated nor were there words uttered, the two simply stood still in their position and stare into each other's eyes, not breaking the tense eye contact they held. mitsuba could feel his heart racing nervously — damn this tension for making him nervous around some boy who he only knew. even with a racing heart, mitsuba tried his best to remain his facial expression as blank and neutral as possible.

mitsuba could feel his own mouth opening, it seems as if words would just spill here and there all on their own. but fortunately for him, when his mouth did open, the unknown words at the tip of his tongue remained unsaid. he then closed his mouth shortly, but there was something itching inside him — maybe it was his tongue and their unknown words. well, whatever it is, it made his nose crinkle. just then, he felt his mouth open up again, only this time words were said.