11

────────────────────────────

( eleven, first snow. )

────────────────────────────

mitsuba and kou spent quite the time inside the cafe. they'd talk about the things that came to their minds as they fill themselves with the cafe's menu. soon enough, after they left the cafe, they found themselves wandering around the small town by the shore. the continuous shatter of the camera echoes through the empty streets. as mitsuba busied himself with his camera, kou kept his eyes on mitsuba — watching him with pure admiration, following him about five steps away from where he was.

kou crouched, feeling the weariness in his legs from the walks they have been taking for quite a while now. he breathes, trying to make his breathing relaxed and stable. he eyed down to the greyish black road, breathed, then brought his gaze back to the pink head.

mitsuba was still occupied with taking pictures here and there — as expected of one with an obsession with a camera. the pink head's eyes were actually really admiring at that moment. his bright pink eyes show eagerness, it's hard not to feel something when looking into those eyes. so the blonde's heart let out a small thumping sound.

kou flinched, as he gazes at his own chest, putting a hand over it. he sweatdropped, feeling the thumping sounds his heart makes every second. anxiously, he shuts his eyes close as he let out a sigh and then bit his lower lip before opening his eyes again.

his gaze, meeting the greyish black road again with the stone texture. he placed his elbow over his thigh as his head rests against his palm. he eyed the pink head once more. now, he's watching mitsuba again go back and forth, trying to take his photo — just like a little squirrel... a cute one, kou thought. blushing, his eyebrows raised on their own, he can feel his gaze relaxing while it still remains focused on the pink head.

mitsuba finally took his eyes off the camera, immediately going straight to the blonde. he raised an eyebrow. "what are you looking at, hella lame earring?" he asked in an unamused tone.

kou blushed from embarrassment, covering half his face with his arm. "i wasn't even looking at you" he answered, avoiding the pink head's sharp gazes.

mitsuba huffed, making his way towards his companion. he stops when he was close enough to the blonde. kou, on the other hand, rises — standing up from his crouching position. their eyes met on the same level, but kou quickly shifted it to the sides, trying to avoid the pink head's gaze once again.

"why are you avoiding my gaze?" mitsuba asked, squinting his eyes.

still blushing, kou somehow managed to pull himself together and look straight into the pink head's eyes. he sweatdropped, the thumping of his heart greatly impacts his uneasiness at that moment. "i'm not" he replied through clenched teeth.