10

────────────────────────────

( ten, to the sea. )

────────────────────────────

mitsuba sousuke never came to school this early — early, meaning there are probably about single-digit students that are already in school and a few school staff. he sighed, looking at his watch — there is still more than an hour before the school bell rang to signal the start of classes. yesterday, he got the sudden urge to capture the sunrise view when he came across one of the sunrise photos he had taken a long time ago and thought he should take one later that day. he slept early — setting up an alarm on the time when he should wake, but he ended up oversleeping — the alarm that's been buzzing for god knows how long, didn't even make him woke up. it was still early, but the sun was already out — missing his chance. he sighed in disappointment and without anything left to do; he decided to just get ready for school and go to school even if it's early.

he was almost near the school gate — just about twenty steps, he would be standing in front of it soon. he thought of the things he could do inside the school to pass time — but it's not like there's any difference from when he came to school at his usual time. he would still arrive in the classroom filled with students — his classmates, and he'll greet them and they'll do the same. afterward, he'd find his seat and sit there all alone — without anyone to chat with about random and school stuff, then he'd watch them wistfully as they enjoy one another's companies before their classes start, and he'd wish that one day he'll be able to experience that — and if that day does come, he's sure that he'll be the most ecstatic.

he wondered what went wrong. he altered his personality all for the sake of getting along with everyone — he made sure that his cocky personality is neatly hidden away and is replaced with a nice, gentle personality. but nothing's changed except for the fact that he no longer gets bullied — or maybe middle schoolers actually like to hang out with people with that kind of personality because they (possibly) thought that quiet people are the boring kind — but that's actually quite true, he thought. maybe he shouldn't have changed his personality in the first place and just stayed the way he was, and maybe he'd be surrounded by people — although the risk still stands that maybe people would dislike him if he had shown his true personality in the first place, but then there's a certain (bothersome) person who still chose to stay with him even if his personality is not the best (although he doesn't want to admit that ever in his life), and that fact alone made him question a lot of things — but still, he's plenty grateful for the blonde.

he let out a gasp, shook his head, and gently slapped both of his cheeks when he felt a small flush rising in his face upon the thought. his long train of thinkings made him stop on his track — and people who were passing probably thought, "what is wrong with him?"/"is he malfunctioning?" — how embarrassing.