05

────────────────────────────

(   five, mornings. )

────────────────────────────

minamoto kou sat on his bed as soon as he opened his eyes. he catches his breath, sweats breaking on his forehead as he ran a hand through his messy blonde hair.

he must be crazy — he thought repeatedly. the fact that he actually thought that the cheeky bastard named mitsuba was cute, or the fact that he had the urge to hold him, or the fact that he told him that maybe they were soulmates — it's enough to prove that he wasn't in his right mind. he thought, what in the world was he on during that moment that made his brain think about those thoughts and let his mouth run off on its own.

he groaned, shaking his head as he slapped both of his palms on his cheeks — trying to force himself not to think about the events that went down on his dream earlier or else he'll die on the spot because of embarrassment. "pull yourself together!" he whispered-exclaimed.

when he was done with his little antic, he decided to begin his day since the sun was already rising when he took notice of it. he fixed his bed, went downstairs, use the bathroom, and into the kitchen to cook their breakfast — his everyday morning routine. after some time, he was finally ready to go to school.

on his way, his mind couldn't help but think about the very thing he told himself not to think about. a model in one poster he came across on the street has a particular hair color that's awfully familiar to him — it was pink, the same color that mitsuba has. just like that, his mind was filled (again) with thoughts revolving around mitsuba. curse that poster. shaking his head, he let out a frustrated groan before continuing on his path.

once he entered his classroom, he was immediately greeted by his two close friends — yokoo and satou. "good morning, kou!" yokoo exclaimed, placing an arm around kou's shoulder. "morning" satou greeted the blonde.

"yeah, good morning" kou greeted back, removing yokoo's arm from his shoulder.

"hey, did you guys watch that one popular show?" yokoo asked, taking a seat.

"no, what show?" kou answered then asked, raising an eyebrow as he placed his bag on the side of his desk. "hey, get up, that's my chair" he patted yokoo's shoulder, signaling him to stand up.

"aw, you're no fun" yokoo frowned, standing up from the seat.

"i saw it. the show." satou said.

"really? then did you watch yesterday's episode?" yokoo beamed, taking a nearby chair to sit in.

"of course, the show was quite addicting. you know, when they went to the cafe in that episode? the sweets that were shown — they look really good... my mouth even watered" satou replied.