12

────────────────────────────

( twelve, friends actually. )

────────────────────────────

mitsuba sousuke stood from the bench and did a single silly twirl as he embraced the snow falling from the sky, then soon walked towards minamoto kou, who remained neatly seated on the bench. then, he impulsively held out a hand for the other boy to grab unto.

kou, on the other hand, gazes at the pink head, confused. shortly, he shifted it to mitsuba's hand then to his face again. as of the moment, mitsuba was feeling quite troubled with the late response from the blonde, he can already feel the sweat that are impending to be visible any moment. the pink head gulped, he was about to say something and put his hand down, when the blonde scoffed a little chuckle when he smiled and held the pink head's hand.

suddenly, the troubled thoughts in mitsuba's head about making the wrong move disappeared as soon as he felt the warm surface of the other's hand above his. flustered, the pink head gulped again, pulling the blonde towards him, though not excreting much force.

in response to the action, the blonde stood from his seat, after then, he adjusted how he held the pink head's hand so they could properly interlock their fingers.

kou didn't know much about holding hands—he never even had the chance to do so with anybody other than his little sister and his mother when he was young, mitsuba was the first person he held hands with other than his family. he never even imagined he'd be holding hands with a friend, he had always thought that the next time he'd held hands with someone other than his little sister would be his significant other—but holding hands with mitsuba came so naturally; he didn't even have room to think of thoughts doubting their interlocked hands.

"i don't know about you, but i really think that asking you to skip with me and go to somewhere new is one of the best decisions i made" kou admitted, looking straight into the pink head's eyes. he let out a small chuckle escape his lips. he sharply breathed before he continued what he was saying, "we got to be together for longer than we usually do, and—plus, the first snow came today and like i said earlier, it felt nice... and i—i really think that welcoming the first snow with someone you treasure would be a really special memory to remember."

mitsuba could swear he probably had a heart attack at that moment, minamoto kou would always be someone who will never fail to make his heart happy even for the smallest thing, just being labeled as someone he treasures was enough to make his day a thousand times better. unconsciously, he smiled at the blonde, "so, i'm someone you treasure, you say?"

kou blushed at the moment, he scoffed before he told mitsuba, "shut up," as his eyebrow raised. blushing, he cleared his throat, "don't make me repeat myself."