chapter 5

Daphne didn't get a callback after the Friday night dinner, It's like Peter forget about her. She felt sick thinking about him. "Did he just use me to sneak into oscorp?" Daphne thought. She thought they had fun together so she couldn't wrap her mind around it. She would vent to her older sister Keira but she knew that she would tell on her for sneaking into oscorp as any annoying older sister would. 

Daphne sighed as she scooped her spoon into a bowl of cereal. "Why are you acting so grumpy and weird?" Daphne's father asks while walking into the kitchen. "Wow, nice to see you to daddy!" Daphne says with a smile. Mr. May walks around the kitchen and opens the fridge. "It's because you don't go outside, you just stay inside all of the time." Her mom says while walking into the kitchen. "Well maybe if you let me drive I would!" Daphne says while taking a crunch into her cereal. 

"You really should let her practice, besides her birthday is coming up and she will have to learn sometime!" Mr. May says. Daphne perks her head up and looks at her father with a huge smile. "See mom!" Daphne says.

"Just go outside, go do something." Her mom says. "Well can I go to a party tonight?" Daphne asks. "no." Her mom says. "What, you were just telling me I should do something!" Daphne says. "Not that!" Mrs, May says. Her father chuckles. "You should let her go!" Daphne's father says while placing milk on the center of the table. Daphne's mother is now upset. "I and you are gonna have a little chat later." She says to Mr. May. "Daphne I guess you can go but your father is going to pay!" She says. Daphne looks at her Father. He rolls his eyes and laughs. "Rember when we were dumb and crazy?" Mr, May asks. "No." Daphne's mother lies. 

Daphne rolls off her bed and heads towards her closet. She picks out a white silk button-up and a short green plaid skirt. For jewelry, she finds a pearl necklace. She sets everything on her bed ready for her when she leaves for the party. 

She wears an oversized navy shirt with low-rise jeans and pulls her hair into a low ponytail. She hates high ponytails, they hurt her head. She puts on a little makeup and heads outside. Peter's house is about 7 minutes away on foot so Daphne heads there. She holds her iPhone to her side as she walks up the sidewalk. 

She finally walks up to the house just to see Peter on the roof. "PETER!" Daphne yells. He looks down at her. "Daphne??" While grinning. His hair is messy, he wears black sweat pants and a blue t-shirt. "You're wearing the glasses!" Daphne says while looking up at him. Peter has a pen on his ear just tucked a little behind his hair. "Hi..." He says. "hey..." Daphne replies awkwardly. "What are you doing here?"Peter asks. "I just wanted to check on you, you said you didn't feel well before you dropped me off. And you didn't call yesterday." Daphne says. "oh I'm sorry, yesterday was kinda.... different." Peter says with shuttering a bit. "Mind if I join you?" Daphne asks. He nodded and quickly puts a bunch of papers into a small brown folder. Daphne used the porch to climb up to Peter. "not so hard?" Daphne says while clapping her hands together. "I got up here with a jump!" Peter says while admiring Daphne. "a jump?" Daphne asks. "I-I... mean I climbed up here.." Peter says while correcting himself. "Alright," Daphne says with a small giggle. Uncle ben walks away from the house to see Peter and Daphne talking on the roof. "What you doing up there?" He asks. Peter looks at Daphne and then at Ben. "Homework?" Peter says while shrugging his shoulders. "Oh, alright be careful up there Daphne!" Ben says while shaking his head. "Sure," Peter says. Uncle Ben walks back into the house. "Dang Peter, you lie a lot!" Daphne says. "And I'm good at it!" He replies with a smile. Daphne pushes him a bit. "You're not supposed to say that! And I can tell when your lying!" Daphne says with a laugh. "Oh and how so?" He asks. "It's all in your eyes." 

"My eyes?" Peter asks with a smile.

"Yes, you're eyes! They move all weird." Daphne says while scrunching her nose

Peter laughs and leans back onto the roof. Daphne looks down at him. "And, you know you're crazy!" Daphne says with a smile. "oh well that's not very nice!" Peter says while closing his eyes shut. 

"You are very crazy! You help Gordan and get all beat up for it with no regret!" Daphne says. "who says I don't regret that?" Peter says. "You act all tuff when you're really just a skinny little boy!" Daphne says with a laugh. "Oh wow now that was a little mean. Now, are we just going to insult each other now?" Peter asks. "It's true, but sorry I just speak my mind," Daphne says while biting her lip. "Well, at least your not a lier," Peter says. Daphne smiles.

"Hey, Peter want to come to that party with me?" Daphne asks. "Tonight?" He asks. "Yeah?" Daphne answers. "sure," Peter says.