chapter 8

Daphne walks down the hall to see Peter and his uncle, she watches from far. "You have to pick up aunt may." Ben says to Peter. "is that understood?" Ben asks. "yeah, yeah." Peter says back. Ben nods and then looks over at Daphne. "Hey, Daphne!" Ben says. Peter turns red. "Don't you have her on your computer now?" Ben asks Peter. Peter shakes his head. Daphne nods and walks towards them. "Hello Mr, parker." Daphne greets him. "Peter here got you on his computer now," Ben says. "I'm his probation officer!" Ben says with a smile. Daphne blushes. "Alright I have to go, remember aunt may," Ben says while walking away. Peter faces Daphne with red cheeks. He starts to chuckle. "okay!" Peter says while watching Ben leave. Daphne bites the inside of her cheek. Peter chuckles and points to Ben. "That's my uncle for you..." Peter says nervously. "did I tell you he's a pathological liar." Peter says. 

"He's mixing you up with someone else." Peter lies. 

"Aw, you don't have me on your computer?" Daphne says while looking down and holding her backpack straps. "No, I just have a picture of the debate team, and it's funny cuz you're in it." Peter says with an awkward chuckle. "right, right." Daphne says

"God your such a bad liar Peter!" Daphne says with a laugh. "no, no he must have seen- I was touching up stuff." Daphne runs her fingers through her hair and she catches Peter looking at her fingers. "you're touching up stuff?" Daphne says. Peter has a big smile on his face" I'm not gonna answer that." He says while holding in a laugh. Daphne laughs. "Did you get expelled?" Daphne asks. "no, no I didn't get expelled, I got community service." Peter says.

Daphne smiles and turns around for a second. "so, so I'm wanna um...um." Peter stumbles on his words. "wanna what?" Daphne asks. "I don't know. just wanna um" Peter looks down at Daphne and smirks. Peter reaches his hand to fix his hair. "I mean we could uh." he takes a deep breath. "or we could- do something else." He says. "Peter you never act like this? What's wrong?" Daphne asks.

"Nothing." he lies.

"I mean we could go" "or not..." He says. 

"yes."

"yeah?" He says

"Yeah, either one," Daphne says with a small smile. Peter stops and stares at Daphne. "really?" He asks again. "sure." "alright good sounds good." He says nervously. "sounds cool." She says again. "ok let's do- I cant right now though." Peter says while laughing a little. "I can't right now I'm so busy." He says. 

"oh yeah of course." Daphne replies. "me too." Daphne takes a deep breath. She looks down and laughs. "Yeah, we can hang out some other time," Daphne says. "al-ll right." He says. "Peter you're making me nervous..." She says. "i- make you nervous?" He stuttered "no, I am yes. right now." Daphne says. "oh I'm sorry." He says. "no it's fine. We can hang out soon." Daphne says with a smile.  Daphne turns with a smile and walks away down the hall.