chapter 12

Daphne sat on her bed studying before she heard a soft knock on her window. She looked up to see Peter a smile fell on her face and she went to open the window. "hi!" Daphne said happily. Peter smiled with his teeth. "how did you know which window was mine?" She asks. "I guessed." He said. But he didn't guess that day, he had guessed another day. "why did you come through the window?" Daphne asks. "I didn't want to knock on you're door...I'm kinda scared of your mom.." Peter admitted. Daphne giggled and let him in. 'so this is your room, I hadn't had a good look at it last time." Peter says. "you've been in my room?" She asks. "Um no." He said. "huh?" "oh yeah uh, I got your mom some flowers," Peter says with a smile. "pretty!" Daphne said while taking them. "she will love these, roses are her favorites!" Daphne says while sniffing them. "Daphne I've missed you.." Peter says. "me too.." the door opened. "What is a boy doing in your room?" Her mom asks. "no mom it's alright, it's Peter!" Daphne says. "oh, I thought he had glasses." Mrs, May said. "i-i don't wear them all the time," Peter says with a smile. "Oh and mom look at these lovely roses he got you!" Daphne said while handing her mother the roses. "oh thank you!" She said. As Mrs., She left as she said. "My favorite!" Daphne giggled. She pulled Peter downstairs after her mother. "Daddy meet Peter!" Daphne says.

"Welcome, Peter!" He says with a small smile. 

"Hello Mr. May," Peter says. They all sat down and shared pasta all around the table.

"so did you hear about what happened to Daphne last night?" he asked.

"yeah I saw it on the news," Peter said.

"what do you think about Spiderman." Daphne's Father asks. 

"I think he's great. he's protecting our city that that's helpful." Peter says.

"I think he's a bit overrated.." George says.

"And whys that?" Peter asks while looking over at George. 

"he has a power anyone would want. He's just a lucky person to be born with a power like that. besides, I feel like anyone would help our city with that power." George says.

"what do you mean by that?" Peter asks while twisting his fork on some pasta. 

"He is doing the police's job and they get no credit," George says.

"But he's not getting paid, he's just helping," Peter says.

"How do you know that Peter." He says while taking a sip of water.

"I just do, anyone in their right mind would realize that," Peter says.

"Are you calling me dumb?" George asks while getting angry. 

"maybe," Peter says

"He is working for the FBI," George says while getting angry. "And how you know that you little-" Peter says before George cuts him off.  "Father! Daphne?" George says while looking around the table. "George his opinion matters too." Mrs, May says. "He's just angry because Daphne has a boyfriend now," Keira says while a smile.

"wow wow nobody said that!" Mr, May says. 

"Mom, dad? I and Peter are going outside." Daphne said while glaring at George. "come on Peter.." Daphne says. Peter stands up "the food was great!" Peter said while throwing his napkin on his half-eaten plate of food. Peter followed Daphne outside on top of their flat roof house in the city. Peter follows her to the side of the roof with a half wall on it. "You alright Peter?" Daphne asks. "Yeah." He says. "Hopefully less scared of my mother," Daphne says with a chuckle. "yeah, but more now of your brother," Peter says. He leans over the half wall and looks out to the city. "Why did you get so upset about the spiderman thing? wanna talk about it-" Daphne says. Peter cuts her off. "You know I wanna tell you something," Peter says while looking at her. "oh ok?" Daphne says while staring into his eyes and laughing softly. "I've been bitten.." Peter starts. "So have i.." Daphne says. Peter looks away. "ok.." He says under his breath. "I need to tell you something, but I don't know where to start.." Peter says. He leans over the half wall again. "it's about the spider man." He says. "oh.." Daphne says while backing away. "no," he says. "I can't do this.." He says while looking back at her. "why what?" she asks. "no I can't" Peter says. Daphne sighs. "Gosh.." She says while turning around and walking away. Peter looks up and springs a web onto her hip. Daphne spins around and lands in Peter's arms. "what-how did ...you?" She asks while looking up at him again. "you-your spid-" Peter cuts her off with a kiss. His lips touch hers softly, his hand reaches for her jaw and he gently tugs on it a little while his lips peck hers. Daphne pulls away still nose touching. "you're- the spider-" She says. "Shut up.." Peter says while kissing her again and again. Peter inhales softly gasping for air with each kiss. Daphne's hands fly to his jacket she pulls him closer with each moment passing. 

Peter's head perked up. "I need to go.." He says. "What now?" Daphne says. "I can feel it.."