Far From Home

My feet hurt, my legs are sore, I'm tired. I've been walking for what feels like forever, but has only been a couple of days. I just want to sleep in a comfy bed, not the forest floor, and have a real meal, not berries I found from a bush. After only looking at my feet for hours, I decide to look up. 

"What is that?" I mutter to myself.

Far into the distance I see the top of a green tower, deep in the forest. 

"Weird house in the forest?" I mumble, "or lost in the woods, sleeping on the ground? I'll take the weird house" So I started walking in that direction.

After walking about half an hour, I finally reach the end of my long journey and walk into a vibrant village. Bright colours and full of life. There are children running around, and so much laughter, everyone seems so happy. "this may be a safe village" I think to myself, "yet I still have no where to sleep, and nothing to eat."

I go up to the first home I see and knock on the door. A tall man with a dark bushy moustache answers the door. He has a deep angry stare that looks right into my soul, I gulp and my thoughts of this being a nice town, slowly went away. Breathing heavy, I croak out,

"Hi there... I'm y/n"

The man stares at me for a moment then a large smile forms on his face. With much enthusiasm he says,

"Hello hello! I haven't seen you around before! What do you need?"

Shocked by his kind and happy demeanour, I pause and think, "how in the world am I supposed to ask for a place to stay? How awkward is that?" Before I can say anything out loud, he seems to already know my thoughts from my awkward gestures and long silence. 

"Need somewhere to stay? New to the area? No problem, follow me to the Madrigal's home, they will definitely know where to put you!"

"Madrigal? Who is that? Where is that? What are they going to do for me that this nice gentleman won't?" So many unanswered questions and thoughts flowed through my brain. But I think it is best to stay quiet for now. I'm just happy that I am having human interaction again. 

He then pushes me to the side and signals me to follow him down the busy street. Walking with him, we get a couple stares. Or well, I get a couple stares. It has been a little while since I have had a proper shower, that isn't a quick swim in the closest body of water I can find. I try and brush through my hair with my fingers and I quickly catch a smell of my arm pits, "Ok, not as bad as I thought" I think to myself, "It would be terrible for these Madrigal people to hate me just because I stink."

At the end of the long road, I see a large colourful home, and the green tower I saw from the woods. The man led me up to the front door, and the door opened before he even knocked on it. An older woman with grey hair then appears, she moved slowly with grace and carefully walked towards the door.

"Hello darling" she said, "welcome to Casa Madrigal"

A/N: And that's chapter 1! Kinda short but it is just the beginning so I hope for the chapters to be longer in the future. I'm not sure how I am liking this point of view, so if anyone wanted to let me know by commenting a better one, or if they like this one that would be great!