Searching for Answers

Camilo's Point of view

~Earlier That Night~

It's the middle of the night and I'm wide awake. I'm laying on my back, staring up at the ceiling of my room whilst the events of the last couple days are playing in my head.

I go over each thing that happened between y/n and I that could've made her mad at me. They seemed perfectly happy after we left the woods, so nothing wrong there. At dinner that night, yeah we looked at each other weird, but I didn't actually do anything then. That night in the kitchen, I scared her off the chair. Maybe that was it, but even after I helped she didn't seem mad at me.

Obviously Abuela wasn't very impressed with us, after I left I thought it would be ok. Then again, y/n didn't follow me out of the kitchen right away. I wonder what Abuela said to her. It probably wasn't a big deal.

That morning is when y/n started to avoid me though, so I must've done something that night. These thoughts are paining me, I wish she would just tell me whats wrong. I miss hearing her voice.

Maybe it's because there are always people around. I need to get her alone. I sit up in my bed and look at my door. I work up the courage to get out of bed, I throw on a shirt and go into the hallway. It's at this point I realize that I don't have a plan.

I can't just walk into the room at 2am saying that we need to chat. That's kinda weird. I decide to shape shift into Mirabel, I just hope that y/n doesn't realize that the real Mirabel is still in bed.

My hand is shaking as I reach for the doorknob, I place my hand on it and take a deep breath before opening the door. I quietly go up to y/n's bed.

I gently shake her awake, "Y/n wake up"

She wakes up confused, "What, what's wrong"

I have to think of a response quickly, "Be quiet just follow me"

I take her hand and quietly lead her down the stairs, I open the door to get outside and realize it's raining. Shit. Whatever we don't melt.

We step outside and I face y/n when she says, "Mirabel what's going on?"

I completely forgot that I was Mirabel for a second.

"I'm sorry y/n, I just needed to get you alone"

I transform back into myself and I see that y/n's expression quickly changes.

"I'm sorry Camilo but I need to go back to bed, whatever it is can wait till morning"

I love the way she says my name, but I need her to stay, because yes it can wait till morning, but I know that she won't talk to me then.

"No it can't" I say, I reach for her arm and pull her closer to me, her skin is so soft, "You've been avoiding me ever since that night in the kitchen, please just tell me what's going on"

I look into her eyes, searching for any sort of answer, "I'm sorry if I did anything, I'll never do it again. I just need to know what it is"

"I can't tell you" She says, and I wince at her words, "I really wish I could but I can't"

"Is there more to your past? I don't care what it is, I just hate how you're avoiding me" Her past was rough, I have to admit, if there is something else that is holding her back I wish she would tell me, because maybe I can help her.

"No, nothing like that"

I sigh, both of us are now soaking wet from the rain, I look in her eyes, she is the most beautiful person I've ever seen and I just want her to remember this moment here with me. I take a deep breath of courage as I'm not sure how y/n is going to react.

I slowly guide on of her hand and place it around my shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

I don't really know what I'm doing, "Just stay with me here... just for a moment mi amour" I whisper in her ear.

I slowly move my hand to y/n's lower back and pull her close to me, her chest merely inches away from mine. Her hair is wet yet somehow looks amazing, and I notice her wet nightgown gently hugs her curves perfectly, even though I'm trying not to look.

I lean down close and start humming a soft song next to her ear. I feel y/n completely relax into me, resting her head on my chest and I smile.

I slowly start moving my feet in a slow dance and y/n follows my lead. I hold her close like this moment will never end, because I don't want it to. The rain falls around us and I feel like we are the only people in the world. At this moment, y/n is the only person on my mind.

I slowly stop humming and gently pull us apart. I look y/n in the eyes, then slightly glance towards her lips.

'Just do it Camilo, now is the perfect time.'

I then look back up to y/n, she's breathing heavier and stiffened up. She lifts her arm off my shoulder and starts to back away. She obviously doesn't want to be kissed right now, but I also don't want tonight to end quite yet.

"Wait" I say

She faces me again and I bring my hand up to her jaw. I slowly turn her head to reveal her neck and cheek. Then I softly place a kiss along her cheekbone.

Y/n instantly relaxes and I smile. Together we both head back into the Casita and I drop her off at her room. She gives me a soft smile before closing the door.

I have the biggest smile on my face while walking back into my room. I change out of my wet pyjamas and lay back down on my bed. Now falling asleep much easier.

I wake up with a lot more energy than usual. I head downstairs for breakfast and take my seat.

Y/n sits down next to me, still not looking at me, but she has a big smile on her face. We eat our meal and I head to town to go babysit some of the kids while their parents get some things done.

While pretending to be a child's mom, an idea pops into my head.

As soon as I'm done my chores in the village I practically sprint home to the Casita. I run up the stairs and right to Dolores' door. I've decided that I'm going to get Dolores to tell me why y/n is ignoring me.

I quickly shape shift into y/n and knock on her door.

I hear Dolores call from inside, "come in"

I open the door and step inside, Dolores is sitting on her bed reading.

I then channel my inner y/n, "So Dolores, have you heard anything recently?"

I think that is a broad enough question not to sound suspicious.

"I hear a lot of things" She says quietly

I sigh, trying to think of something else to say, "About why I've been avoiding Camilo"

Dolores looks up at me, "Hello Camilo"

I roll my eyes and transform back into myself, "was it really that easy to tell it was me?"

"Y/n would've been more detailed with her question" She says looking back down at her book

I walk closer to her, "please Dolores, I need to know why y/n isn't talking to me"

"I'm sorry Camilo, but it's not my place to say anything" She says, "good try though"

I roll my eyes, "I'm sure you heard us last night" I say, "Only when we are around people is when she ignores me, I just wish I knew why"

Dolores gives me a sad smile and I know that I won't get anything out of her. I leave her room and see y/n walking up the stairs.