Birthday

I instantly perk up, "Your birthday? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Never came up I guess" He laughs

"I didn't get you a gift!" I stand up to my feet, I feel terrible not giving him anything

Camilo stands up and grabs my hand, "I know of something you can give me" He says whispering in my ear, "If you know what I mean" he winks 

I playfully hit him on the shoulder

He laughs, "I'm only kidding!"

I roll my eyes as we both leave the kitchen, hand in hand. I'm trying to forget about what Abuela said, I don't want to worry about the future, I just want to enjoy all the time I can with Camilo.

We find Mirabel and I tell her what happened with Abuela,

"I'm so sorry y/n, I honestly have no idea who she could have in mind for Camilo though" She gives me a soft smile, "They might be at Camilo's party tomorrow night"

I turn to Camilo, "You're having a party? How did I not know about this?"

"Remember when you wouldn't talk to me? That's why you don't know" He says while laughing. 

The rest of the day is spent reading, cleaning, and preparing for Camilo's birthday. When Camilo isn't around I walk up to Mirabel.

"Did you want to come with me to buy Camilo a gift?" I whisper

She nods her head and we quietly sneak out of the Casita without anyone noticing. We start walking around town, looking into shops for something Camilo would like. But honestly, I have no idea.

I settle on giving him a book. I've read it before and really liked it, so hopefully he will too. Mirabel got him the ugliest hat known to man, 

"I just want to see if he is going to straight up tell me he hates it, or if he's going to pretend to like it" She laughs

We go back to the Casita, attempting to hide our gifts, I'm almost to my room when I see Camilo walking towards me. 

"Hey y/n, what's that behind your back?" He says coming closer

"Nothing important" 

Camilo comes even closer to me, causing my back to press up against the wall behind me. He places his hand on the wall above me head and leans over, looking down at me.

For a second I forgot to breathe.

"Is that thing behind your back, for me?" He whispers

I shake my head no

"Are you sure?" He asks, "because you sure don't want me seeing it"

He tucks my hair behind my ear before backing up. He laughs as I run into my room, catching my breath. 

I wrap his present, I really hope he likes it, if not I'm sure Mirabel would enjoy it.

Everyone eats dinner together as we talk about our plans for Camilo's party. Abuela stands up and gets everyone's attention.

"Everyone, tomorrow we will have some very special guests at Camilo's party, I hope everyone will be on their best behaviour" She looks at me

"Who are the guests?" Isabela asks

"The Moreno family, they have a daughter that would be a lovely addition, perfect for Camilo"

My muscles tighten, I hate this. I feel Camilo place his hand on my thigh, letting me know that he isn't happy either. Neither of us show our anger as the table moves on to a different subject. I look at him and he mouths the word 'later' I nod and continue my meal.

After supper Camilo and I both head up to my room and sit on my bed.

"Do you know that family?" I ask

"Yes" He says, "I know the daughter Abuela is talking about too"

"Who is she?" I try and stay calm

"We were good friends when we were little" He explains, "Once we got older, she became incredibly rude and selfish, always making me use my gift for her entertainment" He pauses, "I hate her"

That makes me feel better, "Are they in town?"

"No, the whole family moved from the Encanto almost ten years ago, I have no idea why they would come back just for a party"

I don't say anything as I rest my head on Camilo's shoulder.

Camilo eventually stands up to leave my room, "Will I be seeing you again tonight?" 

"Probably not" I laugh a little, "With my luck someone other than Félix will catch us"

He laughs, "If you ever change your mind" He comes closer to me, "I'll be waiting" He winks and gives me a kiss on the cheek before leaving my room.

I smile and eventually drift to sleep.

The next morning I wake up bright and early. I want to be the first to wish Camilo happy birthday, and to give him his present without anyone around.

I step into the hallway, with my wrapped gift in hand. I walk up to Camilo's door and softly knock, I don't hear an answer, so I open the door and step inside, only to see that Camilo is getting dressed, standing in the middle of his room, in his underwear.

I quickly shut my eyes, "Ahh Camilo I'm so sorry!"

"You ever hear of knocking?" He asks while laughing

"I did! You didn't answer so I just came in"

I hear him laughing with my eyes still shut. 

"It may be my birthday but that doesn't mean you can see me in my birthday suit" He says

"I didn't want too!" I laugh

"Ok you can open your eyes now"

I slowly open my eyes to see Camilo sliding on his shoes. I walk up to him and hold out my present. 

"Happy Birthday Camilo"

He takes my gift, "You didn't have to get me anything"

"I know but I still wanted to" I smile, "Now open it"

He slowly tears open the paper to reveal the book underneath.

He instantly stands up and gives me a hug, "Thank you so much y/n, I love it"

"you do?" I ask still hugging him, "I wasn't sure what you liked and I had read this before and I liked it so-"

He cuts me off, "y/n, I love it"

I smile

"I'd like it even better if you were the one to read it to me"

"I guess I can do that" I laugh and take his hand

Together we walk downstairs to breakfast.

We enter the dining room and see two extra chairs, and in them were a girl and her mother.